The Official 2021 r/HipHopHeads Christmas Advent Calendar (Day 9/25) - HipHop | HipHop Channel

Pages

The Official 2021 r/HipHopHeads Christmas Advent Calendar (Day 9/25) - HipHop

The Official 2021 r/HipHopHeads Christmas Advent Calendar (Day 9/25) - HipHop


The Official 2021 r/HipHopHeads Christmas Advent Calendar (Day 9/25)

Posted: 09 Dec 2021 06:37 AM PST

A Conversation with Travis Scott and Charlamagne Tha God (Travis' first interview post Astroworld Incident)

Posted: 09 Dec 2021 04:02 AM PST

Washington Post releases their best albums of 2021. Whole Lotta Red at number 1 and Up 2 Me at number 9

Posted: 09 Dec 2021 05:41 AM PST

Pitchfork reviews Mach-Hommy’s album Balens Cho

Posted: 09 Dec 2021 05:37 AM PST

[THROWBACK THURSDAY] Pharoahe Monch - Simon Says

Posted: 09 Dec 2021 07:40 AM PST

[DISCUSSION] J. Cole - 4 Your Eyez Only (5 Years Later)

Posted: 09 Dec 2021 08:10 AM PST

4 Your Eyez Only is the fourth studio album by American rapper J. Cole. It was released on December 9, 2016, by Dreamville Records, Roc Nation and Interscope Records. The album was Cole's first release with Interscope—his previous albums were released by Columbia Records. 4 Your Eyez Only was released exactly two years after Cole's previous studio album, 2014 Forest Hills Drive.


What are your favorite songs from the album?

Have your feelings towards the album changed since it's release?

How do you think this album compares to Cole's other projects?

submitted by /u/wesselver
[link] [comments]

Daily Discussion Thread 12/09/2021

Posted: 09 Dec 2021 07:38 AM PST

Welcome to the /r/hiphopheads daily discussion thread!

This thread is for:

  • objective questions with right/wrong answers (e.g. "Does anyone know what is happening with MIXTAPE?", "What is the sample in SONG?")
  • general hip-hop discussion
  • meta posts...e.g. ideas for the sub

Do not create a separate self post for these types of discussions outside of this thread - if you do, your post will be removed, as stated in the guidelines.

Weekly/Monthly Threads

Other ways to interact

There are a number of other ways to interact with other members of HHH:

New to /r/hiphopheads or hip-hop in general?

Check these out:

submitted by /u/HHHRobot
[link] [comments]

DatPiff.com security breach, unhashed passwords leaked

Posted: 09 Dec 2021 08:10 AM PST

Hey all, I just got a security notification from my VPN app, NordVPN, advising that data on DatPiff has been exposed. I haven't gotten anything from DatPiff yet, but somehow I'm doubting that they are on top of this issue.

https://imgur.com/a/U0Ygqxw

I changed my password, but I'm not seeing anywhere to delete my account. Not sure how often people use the site anymore, but my account was created in 2011, when password managers weren't a prolific thing and reusing passwords was the norm for me.

Just thought the Reddit community with the most overlap of users might appreciate a heads-up. Stay safe, it's not just the feds watching.

submitted by /u/madamnmadam
[link] [comments]

Later Mobb Deep and a discussion about hip hop blind spots

Posted: 09 Dec 2021 07:17 AM PST

The early 2000's was the first era of rap I really experienced as a fan, but Mobb Deep sort of flew under my radar. Eventually I went back and listened to The Infamous because everybody said it was a classic, and I agreed. It was good shit. And I was aware of some of their feature tracks, like with Nas and whatnot. But I didn't really check out much of their other songs until recently.

Holy shit, I was missing out. But now I'm in hip hop heaven over here, getting to hear all these dope Havoc beats and Prodigy verses for the first time. I feel like Prodigy only got harder as the group entered the 2000's and the group's music became more and more concentrated dope. Revisiting The Infamous, yes, it's still a classic, and objectively is probably the most consistent album of theirs, front-to-back. But I realized that at that time, neither Prodigy or Havoc really stuck out to me as phenomenal rappers; rather, they complimented each other perfectly and still had an old school style despite their grit, so I really had associated them mostly with the golden era. With every subsequent album, it's like they honed in on gangster rap in a way few other groups have achieved. And now I can't get enough of these Prodigy verses.

Ok, so I can't make the claim that Blood Money is better than The Infamous, but I do love the album in a different way. I'm curious what other "hip hop blind spots" I have, because Prodigy became one of my favorite rappers overnight. Do any of you have similar experiences?

submitted by /u/Lumba
[link] [comments]

[Throwback Thursday] Jadakiss x Fabolous - Life's A Bitch

Posted: 09 Dec 2021 06:16 AM PST

[Throwback Thursday] The Lox - Get That Paper Ft. S.I.

Posted: 09 Dec 2021 06:22 AM PST

[FRESH] Mahlano Da'don - DopeboyZ

Posted: 09 Dec 2021 05:26 AM PST