Daily Discussion Thread 08/31/2020 - HipHop | HipHop Channel

Pages

Daily Discussion Thread 08/31/2020 - HipHop

Daily Discussion Thread 08/31/2020 - HipHop


Daily Discussion Thread 08/31/2020

Posted: 31 Aug 2020 02:10 PM PDT

Welcome to the /r/hiphopheads daily discussion thread!

This thread is for:

  • objective questions with right/wrong answers (e.g. "Does anyone know what is happening with MIXTAPE?", "What is the sample in SONG?")
  • general hip-hop discussion
  • meta posts...e.g. ideas for the sub

Thread Guidelines

  • Do not create a separate self post for these types of discussions outside of this thread - if you do, your post will be removed, as stated in the guidelines.

  • Please be helpful and friendly.

  • If a question has been asked many times before, provide a link to a thread that contains the answer.

Weekly/Monthly Threads

Other ways to interact

There are a number of other ways to interact with other members of HHH:

New to /r/hiphopheads or hip-hop in general?

Check out these:

submitted by /u/ModsLittleHelper
[link] [comments]

Lil Keed’s 2020 XXL Freshman Freestyle

Posted: 31 Aug 2020 09:20 AM PDT

On Kid Cudi's performance in Bill and Ted Face the Music Alex Winter said “I actually ran into him somewhere a long time ago and he told me how big a Bill & Ted fan he was. I can't say I was the reason he ended up in the movie. Everyone wanted him. He did a great job.”

Posted: 31 Aug 2020 07:35 PM PDT

The Rapper From Okinawa: AWICH didn’t see herself as Japanese until recently. Okinawans are an indigenous people colonized by Japan. Her life changed when she discovered All Eyez On Me, and changed again when her husband was murdered

Posted: 31 Aug 2020 02:56 PM PDT

[INTERACTIVE] I visualized every Top 5 MCs of All Time list I could find, here's the result

Posted: 31 Aug 2020 10:32 AM PDT

Action Bronson - Funkflex Freestyle (prod. By Daringer)

Posted: 31 Aug 2020 07:46 AM PDT

[FRESH VIDEO] Big Sean - Harder Than My Demons

Posted: 31 Aug 2020 11:10 AM PDT

[FRESH VIDEO] MC Eiht - Honcho (ft Conway the Machine & DJ Premier prod by ferhan c)

Posted: 31 Aug 2020 03:03 PM PDT

Nas: The King's Disease Interview: "The title was King's Disease before this craziness happened," Nas tells Zane Lowe "watching all the terror happening all over the country, I just felt the knee on my neck and I felt the knee on our people and I felt like I needed a pride moment." | Zane Lowe

Posted: 31 Aug 2020 08:46 AM PDT

Link

"The title was King's Disease before this craziness happened," Nas tells Zane Lowe about his 13th studio album. "Watching all the terror happening all over the country, I just felt the knee on my neck and I felt the knee on our people and I felt like I needed a pride moment. I needed a moment to be happy about our existence, to have made it so far, and all the things that we have done as a people." The MC who once went by Escobar was talking specifically about "Ultra Black," the lead single from King's Disease that serves as equal parts call to action and celebration of Black American resilience. "I box it all out and I think about, 'This is my message.' I hope everybody's okay. I hope they get it and feel what I'm saying," Nas says. "And not just the words, but the vibration, the energy I'm on with myself and how I want to give that back to people. It's just a feeling and it's not against anybody else. It's about inspiring one to have love of self regardless of what's happening around you, to you." In conversation with Zane, Nas is as thoughtful as ever, breaking down key tracks and also going deep on working with producer Hit-Boy, his 2018 NASIR album with Kanye West, the reunion of his old supergroup The Firm, and the new superstars of New York rap, A$AP Ferg and Fivio Foreign.

submitted by /u/SadDonkeyTzara
[link] [comments]

Your Old Droog - BDE feat. Mach Hommy & MF DOOM

Posted: 31 Aug 2020 05:58 PM PDT

PRhyme - Wishin I & II (feat. Common & Black Thought)

Posted: 31 Aug 2020 09:42 PM PDT

DJ Premier "I Love Kanye" Remix

Posted: 31 Aug 2020 12:52 PM PDT

I used to bump the song, but a couple years ago it got taken off SoundCloud and I can't find it ANYWHERE. I tried linking up in PM with some guy from r/Kanye who said he had a copy last year but he never got back to me. Really hoping someone here could point me in the right direction or help me out, it was a really fresh remix (obviously, I mean it's Preemo). Send me a message please if you know anything!

Here is the original thread on r/hiphopheads when it first came out: https://www.reddit.com/r/hiphopheads/comments/47kilq/fresh_kanye_west_i_love_kanye_dj_premier_remix/

submitted by /u/seanoce
[link] [comments]

SZA - Go Gina

Posted: 31 Aug 2020 03:11 AM PDT

Lucki - Pure Codeine

Posted: 31 Aug 2020 06:02 PM PDT

N.E.R.D.- Rollinem 7's

Posted: 31 Aug 2020 06:00 AM PDT

The Blog Era of Hip-Hop... i miss it

Posted: 31 Aug 2020 05:49 PM PDT

[DISCUSSION] Kano - Hoodies All Summer

Posted: 31 Aug 2020 11:53 AM PDT

Hoodies All Summer is the sixth studio album by British rapper Kano. The album was released on 30 August 2019 by Parlophone Records and Bigger Picture Music. It follows the album Made in the Manor, released in 2016. It includes guest appearances from Ghetts, D Double E, Popcaan, Kojo Funds and Lil Silva, with production handled by Blue May and Jodi Milliner.

Critical reception

Hoodies All Summer was met with critical acclaim upon its release. At Metacritic, which assigns a normalized rating out of 100 to reviews from music critics, the album has received an average score of 79, indicating "generally well received", based on 13 reviews.

Kitty Empire of The Observer stressed the album's "clarion-clear narratives about knife crime and the importance of good times", adding that these topics are "delivered not just with anger and pathos, but humour." William Rosebury of The Line of Best Fit concluded that Hoodies All Summer is "an exceptional achievement, proving once again that Kano is one of the UK's most versatile, thoughtful and talented voices", while complimenting the stripped-back production that "consistently ensures that Kano's voice is always front and centre."

submitted by /u/HHHRobot
[link] [comments]

Lil Tjay says that 6ix9ine’s camp tried to pay him to beef with Tekashi

Posted: 01 Sep 2020 12:01 AM PDT

Drake ft. Lil Wayne, Tyga - The Motto

Posted: 31 Aug 2020 07:35 PM PDT

[FRESH] Buddy - Glitch (feat. Tinashe)

Posted: 31 Aug 2020 09:02 AM PDT

[FRESH ALBUM] Ils Verront - Autumn!

Posted: 31 Aug 2020 05:14 PM PDT

[FRESH] Monica & Lil Baby - TRENCHES

Posted: 31 Aug 2020 06:41 PM PDT

[FRESH] Sense Offence - Stay Moving

Posted: 31 Aug 2020 11:08 PM PDT