Fyre Festival’s 25-year-old organizer: “This is the worst day of my life” - HipHop | HipHop Channel

Pages

Fyre Festival’s 25-year-old organizer: “This is the worst day of my life” - HipHop

Fyre Festival’s 25-year-old organizer: “This is the worst day of my life” - HipHop


Fyre Festival’s 25-year-old organizer: “This is the worst day of my life”

Posted: 29 Apr 2017 06:55 AM PDT

[DISCUSSION] Humanz - Gorillaz

Posted: 29 Apr 2017 10:38 AM PDT

Didn't see a discussion thread, so I thought i'd make one.

Really liked this project, what did y'all think?

submitted by /u/sereneflash
[link] [comments]

In the month of February I released a high quality EP every week, got posted on DJBooth and various other blogs and moved to Germany, but I'm stuck in a radio silence.

Posted: 29 Apr 2017 11:51 AM PDT

Title. Past few months have been busy as hell, but since moving out here to Europe I haven't been able to record and I'm losing that momentum, though my writing has found new inspiration! I think I have a ton of non discovered music that's too good to go unnoticed, or maybe I'm wrong and DJbooth and my small fan-base have been trolling this entire time, but who knows? right? Here's some of my work that you should berate endlessly.

Loosies:

Director's Cut - Stream of conscious shit

Invisible Maps - one of my favorite verses even though its nowhere near my best.

Dreaming - feature standout.

February EP's ( these are all conceptual pieces finished after my album released in December):

Subtleties: "yesterday was not just a day, but I'm fine."

Subtleties:"stuck in the pit of the devil's stomach." My personal favorite

Subtleties:"UPROOTED"

Subtleties: Stories, and something that actually happened. - my 2nd favorite from the series

Subtleties: guillotine style The piece that landed us on DJBOOTH

Album:

PRISM THIS is my BABY. it took two years to complete. Outside of the production i did everything, writing recording, mixing, mastering. Wherever I go with my art this piece of work will always hold a very close and dear place in my heart, and after listening to it, for very apparent reasons. PRISM is very eclectic and insightful and I think the only caveat to it is it's length but until next year this is my magnum Opus.

I also released two Music Videos for Prism that I Directed and edited myself. Flooded Skies

Tonight and the day after

So thats it. Last year was eventful and though I'm in a bit of a slow patch right now Im always working on something. I know nobody is going to go through all of this, but I think its something in here for just about everybody. I will be the best.

submitted by /u/Jtjduv
[link] [comments]

Daily Discussion Thread 04/29/2017

Posted: 29 Apr 2017 02:33 PM PDT

Welcome to the /r/hiphopheads daily discussion thread!

This thread is for:

  • objective questions with right/wrong answers (e.g. "Does anyone know what is happening with MIXTAPE?", "What is the sample in SONG?")
  • general hip-hop discussion
  • meta posts...e.g. ideas for the sub

Thread Guidelines

  • Do not create a separate self post for these types of discussions outside of this thread - if you do, your post will be removed.

  • Please be helpful and friendly.

  • If a question has been asked many times before, provide a link to a thread that contains the answer.

Other ways to interact

There are a number of other ways to interact with other members of HHH:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

[FRESH] Lil Yachty - And I Made It

Posted: 29 Apr 2017 11:50 AM PDT

Joey Bada$$ Hates the New Generation’s “Attention Span” & He Should

Posted: 29 Apr 2017 07:02 AM PDT

[FIRST IMPRESSIONS] Wale - Shine

Posted: 29 Apr 2017 05:40 PM PDT

What's your first impression of Shine?

submitted by /u/bitjpl0x
[link] [comments]

J. Cole - Premeditated Murder

Posted: 29 Apr 2017 04:36 PM PDT

Migos Announce Quality Control Music Compilation Dropping This Summer

Posted: 29 Apr 2017 08:46 AM PDT

Wu-Tang vs. The Beatles: Enter the Magical Mystery Chambers [FULL MIXTAPE / ALBUM]

Posted: 29 Apr 2017 06:33 AM PDT

J. Cole - Everybody Dies

Posted: 29 Apr 2017 08:16 PM PDT

The Notorious B.I.G. - Suicidal Thoughts

Posted: 29 Apr 2017 02:36 PM PDT

[Discussion] OVO Sound Radio Episode 42

Posted: 29 Apr 2017 03:12 PM PDT

Haven't seen a game thread and it's live now so I thought I'd make something.

Some questions for tonights episode:

  • Do you think we'll get any new music from Drake or anyone else from OVO?

  • Will we get any music from the new Young Thug album Drake is executive producing?


We're listening on the /r/Drizzy discord server here if anyone want to join us


Oliver's Mix

  1. Mr. Mitch - Lost Touch (Ft. Duval Timothy)

  2. Sango - Vista Da Gavea

  3. Chace - Something About You (Ft. Yade Lauren)

  4. Busy Digital - Ghetto Life

  5. Juls - Bad (ft. Not3s, Koja Funds & Eugy)

  6. Donae o - Whole Life (Ft. Fredo)

  7. WSTRN - Social (Ft. MoStack)

  8. Kly - Scrr Pull Up [Remix] (Ft. Wizkid)

  9. Giggs & Pressa - Sexy

  10. Section Boyz - OMDs

  11. Yung Flume - Watch Me Flex

  12. Playboi Carti - Magnolia

  13. Majid Jordan - Phases

Eric Dingus Mix (A remix set so let me know if you recognise anything)

  1. ?

  2. Aldbedo 067 - Obsession

  3. [FRESH] Pollàri - Window (/u/scholoy)

  4. Rae Strummurd - Black Beatles [Remix]

  5. ?

  6. Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes - You know how to make me feel [Remix]

  7. ?

  8. Eric Dingus - All That Mattered

  9. ?

  10. Trouble - Wet

  11. Lil Uzi Vert - You Was Right [Remix]

  12. ?

Brodinski Mix

  1. Brodinski - Checcin Out (Ft. Wicced & B La B)

  2. YL Stunna - Drugmoney (Ft. Twice & YL Zoe)

  3. Myth Syzer & Ikaz Boi - Different Narcotics (Ft. Wicced)

  4. Drugrixh Peso - Drug Dealin Hard

  5. Brodinski - Peaces & Blessings (Ft. Cosanostra Kidd)

  6. Drugrixh Peso - I Want It

  7. Brodiniski - Still (Ft. Johnny Cinco)

  8. Brodinski - No Target (Ft. 21 Savage)

  9. Slimelife Shawty - That's Crap (Ft. Slimeball Kelly, Majagotit, The Homie Cashyy & Zack Slime Fr)

  10. Brodinski - Slo Mo (Ft. Drugrixh Peso)

  11. Brodinski - Treat Me Like Gotti (Ft. Yung Booke)

  12. Hoodrich Pablo Juan - MONYPOWRSPT World (Ft. Drugrixh Peso)

  13. Young Nudy - Don't Trust Y'all

  14. Hoodrich Pablo Juan - Servin' & Swervin' (Ft. Playboi Carti)

  15. Bloody Jay - Get Out

  16. Adamn Killa - Roseland Baby

  17. Brodinski - IWFYB (Ft. Hoodrick Pablo Juan)

END

submitted by /u/Bandicoot733
[link] [comments]

Kidz Bop - Thrift Shop

Posted: 29 Apr 2017 04:18 PM PDT

The morning-The Weeknd

Posted: 29 Apr 2017 03:54 PM PDT

G Herbo Ft. Joey Bada$$ - Lord Knows

Posted: 29 Apr 2017 10:25 AM PDT

Is Thug Motivation 101 a classic album?

Posted: 29 Apr 2017 09:57 PM PDT

And if so, does this separate Jeezy from other ATL rappers who emerged in the 2000's (think T.I, Gucci Mane) as on more of a legendary status in hip hop? Thoughts on this appreciated

submitted by /u/TooDamnHyped
[link] [comments]

A$AP Rocky - JD

Posted: 29 Apr 2017 08:15 PM PDT

MC Eiht Releases The Tracklist & A New Song From His Collabo Album With DJ Premier (Audio)

Posted: 29 Apr 2017 02:24 AM PDT

"Momentz" - Gorillaz featuring De La Soul

Posted: 29 Apr 2017 09:39 AM PDT

[FRESH] Cashmere Cat - Infinite Stripes (Feat. Ty Dolla $ign)

Posted: 29 Apr 2017 08:54 AM PDT

Just saw Sampha Live

Posted: 29 Apr 2017 10:08 PM PDT

So Sampha was the opener for the XX and I have to say, Sampha was 10x better. He sounds so good live and he really gets into his music. I was afraid to bring it up in the crowd, but then someone else said the mutual thought and then everyone else started agreeing.

I'm not saying that the XX are bad and in fact, they are very good. I'm mainly saying here that I was blown away by Sampha's performance and so were many others.

If you haven't listened to him, please give him a shot.

submitted by /u/COMIC_CREATOR
[link] [comments]

Tommy Wright III- Murder in the First

Posted: 29 Apr 2017 09:36 AM PDT