Daily Discussion Thread 12/16/2020 - HipHop | HipHop Channel

Pages

Daily Discussion Thread 12/16/2020 - HipHop

Daily Discussion Thread 12/16/2020 - HipHop


Daily Discussion Thread 12/16/2020

Posted: 16 Dec 2020 10:31 AM PST

Welcome to the /r/hiphopheads daily discussion thread!

This thread is for:

  • objective questions with right/wrong answers (e.g. "Does anyone know what is happening with MIXTAPE?", "What is the sample in SONG?")
  • general hip-hop discussion
  • meta posts...e.g. ideas for the sub

Thread Guidelines

  • Do not create a separate self post for these types of discussions outside of this thread - if you do, your post will be removed, as stated in the guidelines.

  • Please be helpful and friendly.

  • If a question has been asked many times before, provide a link to a thread that contains the answer.

Weekly/Monthly Threads

Other ways to interact

There are a number of other ways to interact with other members of HHH:

New to /r/hiphopheads or hip-hop in general?

Check out these:

submitted by /u/ModsLittleHelper
[link] [comments]

Last.fm Thread: What Have You Been Listening To This Week? - December 16, 2020

Posted: 16 Dec 2020 10:04 AM PST

Make sure to write some shit about what you listened to encourage discussion.

HHH Last.fm group

To make 3x3s:

http://www.tapmusic.net/lastfm/

http://chrisawren.com/widgets/lastfm/

http://lastfmtopalbums.dinduks.com/

http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~paddez/projects/lastfm/

http://nsfcd.com/lastfm/

Make sure to post is with imgur, otherwise the 3X3 posts change

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Jeremih Opens Up About Near-Deadly Battle With COVID-19: "All my organs became inflamed. My heart started beating irregularly, my kidneys went out, my liver started to go bad. I had to learn how to walk again, eat, all that stuff”

Posted: 16 Dec 2020 11:29 AM PST

[Fresh]MF Doom - Lunch Break (prod. by Flying Lotus)

Posted: 16 Dec 2020 04:46 AM PST

Nickelus F, who collaborated with Drake on multiple mixtapes before drake blew up, is criminally slept on and an unsung legend. He has 10+ albums and mixtapes that deserve more attention from this community. Check out this review and go run his numbers up.

Posted: 16 Dec 2020 12:40 PM PST

[FRESH VIDEO] Kenny Beats - quarantine

Posted: 16 Dec 2020 09:15 AM PST

Gucci Mane packed the house at a Houston night club without a mask in sight

Posted: 16 Dec 2020 02:46 PM PST

Sister Nancy - Bam Bam

Posted: 16 Dec 2020 05:54 AM PST

Conway the Machine announces the track listing & cover art of deluxe version of "From King to a GOD" coming 12/18

Posted: 16 Dec 2020 11:54 AM PST

Instagram announcement | Twitter announcement

Track listing:

  1. Raw Oysters [Prod. by Daringer]

  2. Ameenah's Van [Prod. by Cardiak & Hitmaka]

  3. Crack in the Ninety's ft. Jae Skeese, 7xvethegenius [Prod. by Roc Marciano]

  4. Serena Vs Venus [Prod. by 9th Wonder]

  5. Stefon Diggs ft. Jae Skeese [Prod. by Daringer]

Original deluxe version announcement thread linked here

submitted by /u/JoJoReignsSupreme
[link] [comments]

Lil Peep - drive by (feat. xavier wulf) (Official Audio)

Posted: 16 Dec 2020 01:07 PM PST

Thundercat - Them Changes ft. DOMi, JD Beck & Ariana Grande from 2020 Adult Swim Fest (5:04)

Posted: 16 Dec 2020 11:06 PM PST

Nickelus F ft. Drake - Number 15 (Produced by Jake One)

Posted: 16 Dec 2020 12:33 PM PST

03 Greedo & Kenny Beats ft Freddie Gibbs - Disco Shit

Posted: 16 Dec 2020 03:04 PM PST

FOREVER MISSED

Posted: 16 Dec 2020 07:51 PM PST

NME reviews Kid Cud Man on the Moon III giving it 4 out of 5

Posted: 16 Dec 2020 04:34 AM PST

[Fresh Video] Boldy James Ft. Meyhem Lauren - Light Bill (Prod. By Real Bad Man)

Posted: 16 Dec 2020 08:07 AM PST

Busta Rhymes breaks down his tracks, including Look Over Your Shoulder and Break Ya Neck

Posted: 16 Dec 2020 09:05 AM PST

tobi lou Dropping New Music Titled "2hrs" 12/17

Posted: 16 Dec 2020 10:49 AM PST

J Dilla - Runnin' (Instrumental)

Posted: 16 Dec 2020 02:42 PM PST

Why are hip hop action figures not popular?

Posted: 16 Dec 2020 11:16 PM PST

They have some early 2000's, late 90's action figures but that's not enough. I feel like it would be a great idea, maybe even official trading card company to make cards too.

submitted by /u/h8mehoe
[link] [comments]

[FRESH]24kGoldn - Coco ft. DaBaby (Dir. by @_ColeBennett_)

Posted: 16 Dec 2020 03:21 PM PST

The Game Shares His Hopes To Finally Make Amends With 50 Cent For Possible Verzuz Battle

Posted: 16 Dec 2020 10:33 AM PST

[FRESH VIDEO] Big Sean - Body Language fr. Ty Dolla $ign & Jhené Aiko

Posted: 16 Dec 2020 09:02 AM PST

Three 6 Mafia - Mystic Stylez

Posted: 16 Dec 2020 12:37 PM PST

Neighbors is one of my favourite J. Cole songs. Can I have some recommendations please?.

Posted: 16 Dec 2020 09:41 PM PST

How to attract income and market myself as a rapper and producer?

Posted: 16 Dec 2020 05:17 PM PST

I know I can look up tutorials and advice from YouTube, but I rather get it from you guys and this could be something that I can look back on just in case as notes. I'm an artist by the name of "the5thspirit" and I have aspirations in being a hip-hop musician. I'm 21, I been rapping and recording music since 2011, I make beats, battle rapping as a hobby, and know how to mix songs. I also have music out on Apple Music, Spotify, Soundcloud, and YouTube. I recently graduated from Full Sail University for Recording Arts this past October and at this point, I really want to take my career to the next level, network with tons of people, creating a legit fanbase, and really make some income while trying to attract clients but I kinda been unmotivated and lazy lately. I just don't know where to start or reboot, especially when I have the resources to do it, so that's really why I'm here to get some advice from y'all. I am going to list things in numbers, so please list those tips in order in the same way that I'm about to do. I know money isn't everything, but I want to start making money doing what I love to do and I don't want my full time job to be only income to be honest.

I also know how to do some video editing too. I have a Fujifilm camera and I have done a little bit of photography and did a few music videos with friends, but I haven't used it in a while and I plan on using it again, so if anyone has any advice on reaching out to people and make money as video editor and/or photographer, that would be great.

1) Being a producer/beat maker: I been making beats seriously since I was 17 and the main DAW that I use is Logic Pro X. Now I have sold a few beats to people before for like $20 or $25 and some ppl I have bought beats from me on Traktrain, but I want consistent sales now. I thought about reaching to a lot of rappers to buy my beats, but I'm sure rappers expect producers to give them beats for free, especially when they reaching out to them first. The thing is I don't like giving out free beats, because they don't even end up using it anyway and sometimes they don't even give credit. I don't want to be that annoying producer that goes "Hey have you got on my beats yet?". I only give out free beats on YouTube and to dudes that I'm really cool with. Another thing is that I'm a sample based producer and I have downloaded free drum kits from websites, so I read all the time that I should sell sound packs, but would that be considered wrong or stealing? Especially when I never made anything from scratch and I would sell drum kits that I already downloaded from other sites. I just don't want it to backfire on me. Also, I dropped a free XXXTentacion type beat on YouTube a long time ago and a local rapper from Orlando, FL that I'm cool with, wanted to use the beat. Now I asked him if he was going to use it for non-profit and he said "Not sure yet. Depends on how the song comes out. If it comes out dope af I'll include you in the royalties. Fair?" I kinda felt iffy about it, but I went on ahead, said cool, and let him use the beat. Even if I do get royalties, should I still charge the beat upfront if he's using it for profit or just get the royalties alone? I read a lot about producers using IPIs, split song sheets, contracts, etc and give it to an artist before they lease or use the beat exclusively. I never done that before and I never had royalties from a song before as a producer nor rapper, so I would like to know more about that.

2) Making income as a rapper, marketing myself, and networking with other artists: This is really what I want to do for a living. My biggest concerns are really how to properly network with other artists and sync music people (for TV shows and films) without coming off annoying or seem like I'm just using them for clout. I would like to build genuine relationships with people and one thing I hear a lot is "If you want them to do something for you, what can you provide for them?" Not that I don't mind helping them, but I don't have any ideas besides making beats and providing mixing and mastering services for them. I'm not really known like that. I'm still trying to market myself, build a fanbase, and some buzz which can be really hard to do. I do use United Masters to distribute my music, but only for free, they can only give my music to limited stores such as Apple Music and Spotify. I did hear about their Select membership and they give you 100% royalties, but I thought about switching to an different music distributor. Is it worth staying in United Masters and get their Select membership or should I switch to something else like Distrokid, Amuse, etc?

I'm sorry for this long post, but I appreciate anyone who's willing to take their time outta their day to read this and give me great advice on making income as a musician, marketing myself and how to properly network with people. Thank you!

submitted by /u/themfspirit
[link] [comments]