Daily Discussion Thread 11/26/2019 - HipHop | HipHop Channel

Pages

Daily Discussion Thread 11/26/2019 - HipHop

Daily Discussion Thread 11/26/2019 - HipHop


Daily Discussion Thread 11/26/2019

Posted: 26 Nov 2019 06:35 AM PST

Welcome to the /r/hiphopheads daily discussion thread!

This thread is for:

  • objective questions with right/wrong answers (e.g. "Does anyone know what is happening with MIXTAPE?", "What is the sample in SONG?")
  • general hip-hop discussion
  • meta posts...e.g. ideas for the sub

Thread Guidelines

  • Do not create a separate self post for these types of discussions outside of this thread - if you do, your post will be removed, as stated in the guidelines.

  • Please be helpful and friendly.

  • If a question has been asked many times before, provide a link to a thread that contains the answer.

Weekly/Monthly Threads

Other ways to interact

There are a number of other ways to interact with other members of HHH:

New to /r/hiphopheads or hip-hop in general?

Check out these:

submitted by /u/ModsLittleHelper
[link] [comments]

[FRESH] The Weeknd - Heartless

Posted: 26 Nov 2019 09:00 PM PST

Travis Scott replaced with Future & Gucci Mane for Abu Dhabi 3 days before the concert, after 6+ months of advertising

Posted: 26 Nov 2019 10:31 AM PST

Man, the only time I've felt worse was when the same event organizers canceled Kendrick Lamar 2 years ago. At least K Dot was replaced with J. Cole, but Future & Gucci Mane can't even compare to a Travis Scott concert.

He was meant to headline the F1 event and I paid $500+ for the tickets. Been really looking forward to this since May, now it's canceled just 3 days before the event.

People are so pissed off https://www.instagram.com/p/B5UhMtFlU11/

Also, no refunds!

Will be hard to get over this :(

submitted by /u/karma_is_a_beach
[link] [comments]

Goldlink addresses Mac Miller in a weird Instagram Post

Posted: 26 Nov 2019 08:28 PM PST

Post:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5WatTEgMW1/?utm_source=ig_web_options_share_sheet

Caption:

"

Mac Miller

I'd be lying if I said I was surprised to hear that you died on us. Not because you were necessarily troubled, but because you were special and because of that, you were troubled. At your peak, you were the archetypal rapper all of us wanted to be; which was independent. But also just a kid with really bright eyes about life. I'll keep it short because I want to continue our conversation for when it's my time to go. But I think what made you and I special is that we weren't always on the best terms. So I didn't always have great things to say about you. When we were on the GO:OD AM tour, I played you my album "and after that we didn't talk", and you thought it was absolutely incredible. I released it under the"Soulection" label and the single for my album was called "Unique" ft. Anderson Paak, and that was your favorite song at the time. You loved it so much that you made the entire tour party listen to it, and surprised me with a cake after my set. I always thought you drove yourself insane about your own music. So much that, you would adopt styles as homage to those around you that you loved. That's where our problem started. Divine Feminine was an actual blueprint of "and after that we didn't talk". Your single was called "Dang!" Ft. Anderson Paak...you had Souelction support you on the Divine Feminine tour and when I tried to contact you, about anything at all...you never hit me. A close mutual friend ended up just hittin' my DJ saying "listen man, we love Link, but we just had to do what we had to do. And Mac said if he needs a verse at anytime, he got him" We are family, you could always call me. Afterwards, we seen each other at Coachella, and you put your head down like an innocent child, but I told you to pick it up and I hugged you like the brother you are to me. You were the first person brave enough to openly say "he's dope.", and gave me a platform. That meant more to me than anything else. 3 days before you died, I remember pullin up on you at the crib, walking in the house and seeing the Divine Feminine album plaque on the wall. I was so proud of you and what YOU created for yourself. And I'm forever grateful for that

"

Imgur link in case post is deleted :

https://imgur.com/a/l86BUUk

submitted by /u/my_name_is_better
[link] [comments]

Pusha T - Drug Dealers Anonymous feat. Jay-Z

Posted: 26 Nov 2019 05:32 AM PST

Rapper T.I. addresses backlash over taking his daughter to the gynecologist to "check her hymen"

Posted: 26 Nov 2019 03:12 AM PST

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/t-i-daughter-rapper-t-i-addresses-backlash-over-taking-his-daughter-to-the-gynecologist-to-check-her-hymen/

After facing intense backlash earlier this month for stating that he goes to the gynecologist with his teenage daughter each year to "check her hymen," rapper T.I. defended himself this week during an appearance on the Facebook Watch show "Red Table Talk." T.I. told host Jada Pinkett Smith that he thinks a "false narrative" about his comments has been "sensationalized" — but he also defended his choice to "protect" his daughter from "the little slimy, grimy, chubby-fingered little boys who want to just come and defile and destroy the sanctity that I have."

"I think all of this surrounds a conversation that I was having in a very joking manner, when asked how do I deal with parenting in this day and age," he said while sitting at a table with Pinkett Smith, her mother, Adrienne Banfield-Norris, and his wife, Tameka "Tiny" Harris. "From a place of truth, I began to embellish and exaggerate. I think that a lot of people kind of took it extremely literal."

He also added that he did not understand the sensitivity of the topic, but does now.

The rapper made the initial comments during an episode of the podcast "Ladies Like Us," which was released earlier this month. T.I. was speaking with hosts Nazanin Mandi and Nadia Moham about parenting when he was asked about whether he's had the "sex talk" with his daughters, BuzzFeed News reported.

The rapper, who has six children, brought up how he handles the discussion with his oldest daughter, 18-year-old Deyjah Harris.

"Not only have we had the conversation. We have yearly trips to the gynecologist to check her hymen," T.I. said, according to BuzzFeed. "Yes, I go with her." He also informed the podcast hosts, as well as their listeners, that "as of her 18th birthday, her hymen is still intact."

His original comments faced swift backlash on social media. "Idk who needs to hear this but virginity is a made-up social construct, and it has absolutely nothing to do with your hymen," tweeted Planned Parenthood in a long thread. "This is horrible on so many levels," tweeted prominent gynecologist Jennifer Gunter.

T.I. attempted to set the "record straight" on aspects of the story he claimed were misunderstood during the Monday episode of "Red Table Talk."

"I never said I was in any exam room. That is an assumption — that is a falsity," he said. "I never said that it was being done present day, as an 18-year-old. And, I never said that her mother wasn't present. Yeah, her mom was present every time."

The rapper further protested the backlash surrounding his comments, claiming "this false narrative has just been sensationalized."

He also added that at the time, his daughter did not object to his presence during the doctor's visits, but did "have a problem" with him speaking about it publicly. He said he is "incredibly apologetic" to her, but not to those who "toss lies around for fun."

During the conversation, Pinkett Smith asked the rapper how he would like people to understand his level of control over his daughter, after explaining that some perceived his comments as an attempt to "control" her virginity.

"In the age, or the time, when our women, black women, are the most unprotected, unattended, disregarded women on the planet. I'm being criticized because I'm willing to go above and beyond to protect mine," T.I. said. "And I'm talking about all of the little slimy, grimy, chubby-fingered little boys who want to just come and defile and destroy the sanctity that I have —"

Before T.I. was able to finish his thought, Pinkett Smith and Banfield-Norris burst out laughing, but quickly collected themselves.

"Anything that is the most important thing to me in my life, I am going to deal with that with very extreme care," he continued. "And I don't understand how that is looked at as being so wrong."

The rapper further explained that, for him, it wasn't just about sex, but also about the responsibilities that he believes come along with it. He told the hosts that his daughter "definitely should be afraid for what could potentially come from" having sex, and listed pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases as some of the potential outcomes.

submitted by /u/NF-BROOM
[link] [comments]

[LEAK] The Weeknd - Blinding Lights

Posted: 26 Nov 2019 09:19 PM PST

Kanye West - Champions (feat. Gucci Mane, Big Sean, 2 Chainz, Travis Scott, Yo Gotti, Quavo & Desiigner)

Posted: 26 Nov 2019 09:04 PM PST

[GAME THREAD] Memento Mori - Episode 7

Posted: 26 Nov 2019 07:02 PM PST

why aren't there game thread for these anymore? the weeknd's releasing new music

.

/r/theweeknd discussion thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheWeeknd/comments/e24xd2/memento_mori_episode_7_112619_discussion_thread/

.

game thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheWeeknd/comments/e29g7k/live_thread_memento_mori_episode_7_spotify/

.

Radio link

.

Local weather - Toronto, ON, Canada:

Tuesday 10:00 p.m.

Light Rain Showers

Precipitation: 2%

Humidity: 68%

Wind: 11km/h

POLLEN NOT IN SEASON

AIR QUALITY MODERATE

MOLD NOT IN SEASON

submitted by /u/EV99
[link] [comments]

[FRESH VIDEO] REASON ft. Ab-Soul - Flick It Up

Posted: 26 Nov 2019 10:05 AM PST

[FRESH VIDEO] YBN Cordae - Thanksgiving

Posted: 26 Nov 2019 12:25 PM PST

Anime Food Crash Course with Denzel Curry, Thundercat, and Zack Fox

Posted: 26 Nov 2019 08:26 AM PST

[FRESH VIDEO] Father & Zack Fox - Family Function

Posted: 26 Nov 2019 09:16 PM PST

Billboard Announces New Rules For Merchandise/Album Bundles

Posted: 26 Nov 2019 07:58 AM PST

Cover + tracklist of Roc Marciano's upcoming album "Marcielago"

Posted: 26 Nov 2019 12:48 PM PST

  1. Select Few
  2. Molly Ringwald
  3. Choosin Fee's
  4. Richard Gear
  5. Ephesians (feat. Ka)
  6. Tom Chambers (feat. Knowledge the Pirate)
  7. I.6.W.T.
  8. Puff Daddy (feat. Cook$)
  9. Boosie Fade (feat. Westside Gunn)
  10. Bomb Shelter (feat. Willie da Kidd)
  11. Saw
  12. SAYLAVI
  13. God Loves You (feat. Cook$)
  14. Joe Jackson
  15. Legacy

Every track produced by Roc Marciano, except for 2 and 12 which are produced by Animoss and 11 which is produced by The Alchemist.

Cover + tracklist: https://www.instagram.com/p/B5V6pj-gi19/

submitted by /u/leFrostii
[link] [comments]

6LACK - Coffee Bean (Freestyle)

Posted: 26 Nov 2019 11:18 AM PST

Lil Wayne Tells the Story of how a random Groupie tried to move into his house

Posted: 26 Nov 2019 07:21 PM PST

Nas - Still Dreaming (ft: Kanye West)

Posted: 26 Nov 2019 11:16 AM PST

Kanye West - Can't Look Into My Eyes ft. Kid Cudi & Michael Jackson

Posted: 26 Nov 2019 04:47 AM PST

Young Tyler the Crestor freestyles alone in his bed room

Posted: 26 Nov 2019 02:38 PM PST

[DISCUSSION] 6ix9ine - Dummy Boy (1 Year Later)

Posted: 26 Nov 2019 07:58 PM PST

On November 28th, 2018 6ix9ine released his debut album Dummy Boy.

Tekashi 6ix9ine is one of the most outlandish figures in Hip Hop I've seen in years. What are your thoughts on his debut album one year later?

How does it compare to his mixtape?

Favorite tracks?

submitted by /u/idisrespecthoez
[link] [comments]

Here’s How Tory Lanez Cleared Every Sample on ‘Chixtape 5’

Posted: 26 Nov 2019 07:28 AM PST

6LACK ft J Cole - Pretty Little Fears

Posted: 26 Nov 2019 02:35 PM PST

Tekashi 6ix9ine's Houston Mall Assault Case Dismissed

Posted: 26 Nov 2019 03:46 AM PST

[FRESH] Valee - Jay Leno

Posted: 26 Nov 2019 10:32 AM PST