Daily Discussion Thread 04/24/2019 - HipHop | HipHop Channel

Pages

Daily Discussion Thread 04/24/2019 - HipHop

Daily Discussion Thread 04/24/2019 - HipHop


Daily Discussion Thread 04/24/2019

Posted: 24 Apr 2019 07:22 AM PDT

Welcome to the /r/hiphopheads daily discussion thread!

This thread is for:

  • objective questions with right/wrong answers (e.g. "Does anyone know what is happening with MIXTAPE?", "What is the sample in SONG?")
  • general hip-hop discussion
  • meta posts...e.g. ideas for the sub

Thread Guidelines

  • Do not create a separate self post for these types of discussions outside of this thread - if you do, your post will be removed, as stated in the guidelines.

  • Please be helpful and friendly.

  • If a question has been asked many times before, provide a link to a thread that contains the answer.

Weekly/Monthly Threads

Other ways to interact

There are a number of other ways to interact with other members of HHH:

New to /r/hiphopheads or hip-hop in general?

Check out these:

submitted by /u/ModsLittleHelper
[link] [comments]

We’re Pivot Gang... Our debut album You Can’t Sit With Us is out now... Ask Us Anything!

Posted: 24 Apr 2019 04:08 PM PDT

submitted by /u/pivotgang
[link] [comments]

[FRESH ALBUM] Rico Nasty & Kenny Beats - Anger Management

Posted: 24 Apr 2019 08:28 PM PDT

[FRESH ALBUM] Kevin Abstract - ARIZONA BABY

Posted: 24 Apr 2019 09:00 PM PDT

Rapper Bun B Shoots Armed Robber in His Houston Home

Posted: 24 Apr 2019 10:17 AM PDT

[FRESH VIDEO] Beast Coast - Left Hand

Posted: 24 Apr 2019 08:58 AM PDT

[FRESH VIDEO] Kevin Abstract - Peach

Posted: 24 Apr 2019 09:59 AM PDT

Brandun DeShay here. Updating you on the “Joey Badass didn’t pay for my beat” situation.

Posted: 24 Apr 2019 09:39 AM PDT

Before I get into it, I want to thank everyone that offered support and advice in my previous post. I read almost every comment and tried to reply to every question to show my appreciation for all the love i got from this r/hiphopheads community.

I wanted to wait until there was a clear resolution before I updated and as of now, I think everything has been resolved.

First thing I did to cover my ass was follow the advice of u/arsenemugabe suggesting I claim the song for myself regardless of it being released already, so that there will be a dispute to the splits collection. I went ahead and did that, so that if Joey actually wanted to get paid for our records, he would have to resolve that first. Basically, no one gets paid publishing if there's a splits conflict.

The other thing I did to cover my mechanical royalties was got together with a lawyer that actually reached out to me from seeing the previous post and we prepared to do a Cease & Desist. For those unfamiliar, it's a legal appeal sent to the party responsible for sharing the content letting them know they need to take the song down due to ownership permissions or face a possible lawsuit.

Since Joey did not want to resolve the issue, he ended up taking down the entire project "PEEP THE APROCALYPSE" from all streaming services. Not exactly the best resolution, but a resolution nonetheless. I would have liked the fans to continue enjoying the project as a whole, but no serious effort was made on Joey's part to talk it out really.

The day I made the post, multiple other producers (who I won't name because I'm not sure if they're ready to share their story) reached out to tell me they too had been ignored by Joey and one producer in particular had shared his story on Twitter the same way I did. He said after posting it, one of the Pro Era label guys finally reached out and offered to resolve it. He gave me the email contact of that person and before I could even finish typing the email, I got a DM from Pro Era's twitter account. https://imgur.com/a/Xsp1Cms We talked for a couple days about a possible buyout, but then radio silence.

So yea. If Joey chooses to re-release the project without my songs on it, that's fine or if he decides not to re-release the project at all, I guess that's fine too. More than anything else, I was able to protect myself for the future and learn a great deal in the process. I hope other producers are reading this and learned something too. DO YOUR SPLITS FOR EVERY RECORD YOU PRODUCE REGARDLESS OF INTENTION TO SELL BECAUSE YOU NEVER FUCKING KNOW LOL

P.S: if you're interested in buying beats, i have a link here: https://soundcloud.com/brandundeshay/sets

Thank you.

submitted by /u/brandundeshay
[link] [comments]

[FRESH VIDEO] FKA twigs - Cellophane

Posted: 24 Apr 2019 12:40 PM PDT

Kevin Abstract announces the tracklist of his new album

Posted: 24 Apr 2019 10:57 AM PDT

Picture from the tweet

Tracklist:

  1. Big Wheels
  2. Joy Ride
  3. Georgia
  4. Corpus Christi
  5. Baby Boy
  6. Mississippi
  7. Use Me
  8. Peach
  9. American Problem
  10. Crumble
  11. Boyer
submitted by /u/drugzis
[link] [comments]

Nipsey Hussle - Double Up Ft. Belly & Dom Kennedy

Posted: 24 Apr 2019 11:43 AM PDT

[FRESH VIDEO] YG - Stop Snitchin

Posted: 24 Apr 2019 08:58 AM PDT

[FRESH] DJ Snake - Enzo (feat. Offset, 21 Savage, Sheck Wes & Gucci Mane)

Posted: 24 Apr 2019 09:57 AM PDT

Meek Mill - Dreams and Nightmares

Posted: 24 Apr 2019 07:34 PM PDT

Kid Cudi - Edge of The Earth/Post Mortem Boredom

Posted: 24 Apr 2019 07:58 PM PDT

Kodak Black tour bus raided by FBI Outside D.C. show

Posted: 24 Apr 2019 09:24 PM PDT

10 THings ScHoolboy Q Can’t Live WitHout | GQ

Posted: 24 Apr 2019 09:04 AM PDT

Childish Gambino Shares Unreleased Song “Algorhythm” in AR App

Posted: 24 Apr 2019 10:14 AM PDT

[FRESH VIDEO] Jack Harlow feat. Cyhi The Prynce - DRIP DROP

Posted: 24 Apr 2019 02:13 PM PDT

[FRESH] Lil Keed - Oh My God (Prod. JetsonMade)

Posted: 24 Apr 2019 09:00 PM PDT

Blu & Exile – My World Is...

Posted: 24 Apr 2019 06:36 AM PDT

P4k reviews 03 Greedo's Still Summer in the Projects

Posted: 24 Apr 2019 02:34 PM PDT

[FRESH] DJ Snake - Enzo (ft. sheck Wes, Offset, 21 Savage, Gucci Mane)

Posted: 24 Apr 2019 10:18 AM PDT

[FRESH] Rico Nasty & Kenny Beats - Hatin

Posted: 24 Apr 2019 09:47 PM PDT

Slick Rick - Teenage Love

Posted: 24 Apr 2019 06:22 PM PDT