Sunday General Discussion - April 14th, 2019 - HipHop | HipHop Channel

Pages

Sunday General Discussion - April 14th, 2019 - HipHop

Sunday General Discussion - April 14th, 2019 - HipHop


Sunday General Discussion - April 14th, 2019

Posted: 14 Apr 2019 11:11 AM PDT

Non hip hop aoty Pony by Orville Peck on all streaming services now đŸ¤ 

Oh also GoT George R R Martin wakes up at the end and it was all a dream alert

submitted by /u/HHHRobot
[link] [comments]

Mac Miller- Come Back to Earth

Posted: 14 Apr 2019 07:41 PM PDT

Capital STEEZ last verse recorded- Last Straw

Posted: 14 Apr 2019 09:52 AM PDT

YG confirmed at Boachella new album coming May 3rd

Posted: 14 Apr 2019 09:31 PM PDT

Video of announcement and new song 'Stop Snitchin'

Also YG had the most hype and energetic set of the weekend. May not as been as technically good as Paak and Gambino but the energy was there.

submitted by /u/NerdGasem
[link] [comments]

"It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp" Wins Original Song: 2006 Oscars

Posted: 14 Apr 2019 10:04 AM PDT

Drake Addresses Being Called a Culture Vulture

Posted: 14 Apr 2019 05:29 AM PDT

J Hus - Bouff Daddy

Posted: 14 Apr 2019 03:56 AM PDT

Lil Nas X - Sonic Shit

Posted: 14 Apr 2019 07:05 AM PDT

[FRESH VIDEO] J Hus - Daily Duppy

Posted: 14 Apr 2019 11:06 AM PDT

Nipsey Hussle Is The Prototype For What An Artist Should Be | The Company Man

Posted: 14 Apr 2019 10:35 AM PDT

Free Earl Sweatshirt Seattle Ticket

Posted: 14 Apr 2019 07:56 PM PDT

hi super last minute but i can't make it anymore, havent found anybody to buy it

if anybody wants the ticket lmk, some money thrown my way would be fantastic but if not is all good just want someone to use the ticket at this point :)

submitted by /u/twenty-fifth-baam
[link] [comments]

Fredo Santana and Playboi Carti sharing a moment

Posted: 14 Apr 2019 01:30 PM PDT

Here's an old video of my sister interviewing Kendrick Lamar (2012)

Posted: 14 Apr 2019 10:08 AM PDT

[LEAK] Desiigner - Panda (Remix) Ft. Sia

Posted: 14 Apr 2019 07:04 AM PDT

[Game Thread] Coachella - Sunday - Weekend 1

Posted: 14 Apr 2019 03:45 PM PDT

Coachella on YouTube

The most active day for hip hop

5:05 – Pusha-T

5:45 – Rico Nasty

6:25 – Playboi Carti

8:25 - Gucci Gang (Lil Pump, Gucci Mane, Smokepurrp)

8:35 - Khalid

9:00 – YG | video of album announcement and new song

9:35 - H.E.R

10:35 - Ariana Grande


I'll be recording Pusha, Rico, Carti, Gucci Gang, YG and Ariana Grande. All performances will be available tomorrow or tuesday in a dropbox, google drive and mega.

submitted by /u/NerdGasem
[link] [comments]

The Weeknd - House of Balloons

Posted: 14 Apr 2019 10:32 PM PDT

Dr. Dre & Eminem - Bad Guys Always Die

Posted: 14 Apr 2019 06:56 PM PDT

Que - OG Bobby Johnson

Posted: 14 Apr 2019 03:26 PM PDT

Dave - Hangman

Posted: 14 Apr 2019 01:41 PM PDT

[OC] 6 Up and Coming Artists You Should Check Out

Posted: 14 Apr 2019 05:38 AM PDT

With things heating up and the sun staying out longer, getting your playlists right is of utmost importance. For those of you who need some filler music between the incoming summer bangers, I've got you covered. Here are some smaller artists ranging from "how in the hell did you find this guy?" to "that one big music guy in your group first heard about him 3 months ago". You'll be sure to get some people asking about the song, or at least making some secret shazams. Check these guys out, and give them some love if you like them. I've really enjoyed following along with them over the past few moons and am looking forward to seeing what's next.

Here's all of the songs mentioned in a spotify playlist for those who'd like to follow along.

Spotify Playlist


Wiley from ATL - Atlanta, GA (/u/wileyatl)

Songs to Check out:

Wiley's "Pink Skies" popped up on my Spotify a while ago and I liked it so much that I brewed a beer for it. His songs are soulful, well-produced, and infectious. It's tough to specifically classify what genre or sound he'd fit in, with notes of Blues, R&B, Hip-hop, and many others. It doesn't matter though, because he easily fits into one above all others - Great Music.

There's a little something for everyone with Wiley. Pink Skies shows off some of his blues while really flexing the quality of his production and has quickly become one of my all-time favorite songs. Paper Planes is more brooding while showing the smoother side of Wiley's voice instead of the raspy, bluesy edge you'll see in many of his other songs. Pressure (Live) shows his true talent and how captive he can be live. The production is very clearly jazz based and he flows over the simple drum line and melodic guitar like he's been doing this for decades.

Be sure to watch out for Wiley's new album, BLUEDONTMAKEMECRY, dropping April 17th.

Similar Artists: Kweku Collins, Kai Straw, ??? (please tell me)


Bren Joy - Nashville, TN

Songs to Check Out:

Brennen Joy is a bit of a newcomer to the game it looks like, with only 3 songs on Spotify and a Soundcloud that doesn't even seem like it's actually his. Regardless, his quality has been excellent so far in the three songs. His music is fun and undeniably R&B. The groove runs deep on these and he's quickly become one of my favorite artists to listen to on these sunny spring days.

As a Nashville native, Bren is bringing a sound that you wouldn't typically associate with the city. His vocal range is absolutely nuts, and you'll see it on all three of these songs. He's quickly becoming more popular and I can see him collaborating with other creatives in the area to create something truly special in the future. In the meantime, I'll be watching him closely.

Also, can we talk about now one of my all time favorite bars?

Now I'm sippin' Henny in the Hamptons

Baby being boujee with T-Pain up in Wiscansin

With Bren being fairly new to the scene and one of the lesser known artists on this list, I reached out to ask him a few questions. You can see the interview below.

  1. How long have you been making and releasing music? What first got you into it?

    I've been making music for about 5 months now. I'm a commercial vocal student in the school of music at Belmont. I started singing my freshman year of college, and once I found that I really loved the art of music and everything in between, it took about 2 or so years to find a sound that was true to me and what I love. Then, I began writing and releasing music in November of 2018.

  2. Who/Where do you draw your inspiration for your music from?

    I draw my inspiration from a lot of different genres. I take a lot of my lyricism from alternative and hip hop music, however I love the instrumentation of jazz and pop music. More than anything though, I grew up on r&b and gospel, and that is my biggest inspiration more than anything. People like Mac Miller, Anderson .Paak, Cashmere Cat, and a lot of artists from the 80s are some huge inspirations of mine. Artists that create r&b music that not only pushed the boundaries, but also just made your head bop and groove.

  3. Are you working on a project or anything now? What's in the pipeline for you for 2019?

    My very first musical project, "Twenties", will be released next month. It's something that I've put my heart and creativity into, and features a lot of my friends that are insane musicians. I think thats the special thing about the music I make. It doesn't really include loops. The drums, piano, bass, and a organs are all full length takes, which creates a very live feeling sound. It allows the musician to add another layer of stories on top of the music I've already written. Having their voice in my music is something that is so special to me. Furthermore, I just want to show the world what we can do. Theres so many artists that I love and look up to, and I'd love to snag some opportunities opening for some of them. Thats the 2019 goal, as well as finishing my first debut full album.

  4. What other things are you involved in other than music?

    HAHA, I wish I had time for anything other than music. The reality is that almost everything I do includes music. Being a music student along with all of my best friends means our entire lives are submerged in music. This isn't a fast way of getting a quick bag, this is simply me doing what I love. Being a music major means I have a degree in a profession that doesn't necessarily require it. Along with that, I'm drowning in debt from school, so theres no back up plan at all. This is what we love, and rain or shine, I'm gonna be doing this until I physically can't, and probably after then as well.

  5. How are you getting involved in your Nashville area? Are there any other artists we should be paying attention to from the area?

    I'm born and raised in Nashville, so this is my forever home. It's been really amazing receiving all of the support from my hometown, and right now I'm just opening myself up to working with new artists farther than just music. New photographers, digital artists, models, etc. Once you enter the artist scene, Nashville become a brand new home.

  6. Where do you want to be going into 2020?

    In 2020, I want to go wherever life takes me. I want to reach new people with my music, and hopefully just change or inspire more people around the world. More than just touring, I hope that by 2020, my music reaches an amount of people that sparks some drive and inspiration in our generation. I want to show people that r&b can be something so new and inspiring, while also nodding to the greats before me. This genre is so rich and full of history, and I want to take the baton from the artists before me that walked on stage and simply sang their ass off. The artists that performed these beautifully written songs that make you just want to jump out your seat and groove. That's all I want. To show these 35 year olds that these kids in their early twenties can perform, write, and sing/play their ass off, and ultimately give them a big ass run for their money hahaha!

Similar artists: Goldlink, Jeremih, Dave B


DUCKWRTH - Los Angeles, CA

Songs to Check Out:

In the most respectful way possible, DUCKWRTH is what Jaden Smith wishes he was. Unbelievably creative, every song is fresh not only to him as an artist but the genre itself. He doesn't confine to one subgenre of hip hop or R&B, but rather pulls in elements of everything. Unbelievably versatile and continually high quality. DUCKWRTH, the biggest artist on this list, simply delivers.

MICHUUL. is the song that introduced me to DUCKWRTH and it's never gotten old to me. It's catchy, super fun to bounce along with, and easily digestible for folks not normally keen on hip hop. I'M DEAD is similar, insanely catchy and fun. FALL BACK is different in many ways and entirely similar. It's deep bass, it's aggressive, it's a hardbody song. At the same time, it's still just as fun as the first two and a blast to bounce along with. Honestly, there's so many other sides to DUCKWRTH's genre that these three don't do it justice. Definitely look into it yourself. Check out UNSTATUS QUO, Bernal Heights, and more to see what he's all about.

Similar Artists: BROCKHAMPTON, Brother Kamau, Jaden Smith, Aminé


Rexx Life Raj - Berkeley, CA

Songs to Check Out:

Rexx Life Raj (Faraji Wright) will have a familiar sound to those of you who followed along with my previous Rappers to Watch write-ups, or who has listened to popular hip hop music in almost any capacity over the last 5 years. Rexx is no stranger to the reggae inspired production that you see from artists like Young Thug, Dave B., DRAM, etc. Another great artist to listen to with the improving weather, Rexx's production is often light and fun.

The former Boise State Offensive Lineman and current DJ has worn many hats and makes sure his music does too. He's a singer, rapper, and member of collective "Rexxlife". The three songs chosen display a sound familiar across them while also showcasing the differences between his discography that keeps his music from growing stale. He's dropped at least one album a year since 2015, so expect to continually see new music from him. Dig a bit more into his discography to see his range, such as Time for Me ft. Supa Bwe and Sprinkle Me ft. E-40.

Similar Artists: Dave B., Kota the Friend, DRAM


Souly Had - Albany, NY

Songs to Check Out:

Souly Had is an incredibly digestible entry to hip hop for people who already love indie music. A blend of familiar production, pop sound, and hip hop roots, souly had is fairly non genre specific. Most of the content of his music will be romance oriented, and his sound will be similar to other artists on this list. Island/tropical/upbeat production, R&B influenced singing, etc.

Deja Vu is the most hip hop/R&B influenced of the three songs listed, with the other two having a bit more pop influence. While Souly Had is a bit less varied than some of the other artists on this list, he's likely the most consistent. If you like any of these songs, there's a good chance you'll like then rest of his discography. Feel free to dig away and enjoy. If you don't like it, there's a good chance your girl will.

Similar artists: Taylor Bennett, Netherfriends, Berhana, Rex Orange County


Reo Cragun - Vancouver, WA -> Los Angeles, CA

Songs to Check Out:

Reo Cragun was actually originally going to be my Oregon artist for my 50 rappers to watch project - at the time his discography was too small for me to feel comfortable with it so I replaced him with Amine. Since now his discography is a bit bigger and I care less, I figured I should include him here. Reo Cragun is an R&B artist with an excellent and slightly unusual voice for the genre that's remotely comparable to Trey Songz.

Reo very clearly has been influenced by artists like Bryson Tiller and it shows from the jump. Similar to Souly Had, Reo's variety is a lot smaller than some of the other artists on this list, but his quality is consistent and he's improving rapidly. His recent release "Friends" ft. Flume is a phenomenal match and he's certainly starting to achieve a sound that can work in the mainstream. I'm excited to see what else he has in store.

Similar Artists: Bryson Tiller, THEY., Roy Woods

submitted by /u/Kaotus
[link] [comments]

Death Grips - Poser Killer

Posted: 14 Apr 2019 05:45 PM PDT

50 Cent - Many Men (Wish Death)

Posted: 14 Apr 2019 11:32 PM PDT

DaBaby - Tupac

Posted: 14 Apr 2019 08:22 AM PDT

[FRESH ALBUM] ANKHLEJOHN - A-Cold-World*

Posted: 14 Apr 2019 09:41 PM PDT

RZA & MF DOOM - Biochemical Equation

Posted: 14 Apr 2019 10:38 AM PDT

$uicideboy$ - Harvest Moon

Posted: 14 Apr 2019 07:05 PM PDT