Dave B from Seattle - HipHop | HipHop Channel

Pages

Dave B from Seattle - HipHop

Dave B from Seattle - HipHop


Dave B from Seattle

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 10:00 AM PST

Dave here, just got off tour ask me sum

submitted by /u/therealDaveB
[link] [comments]

Turns out 50 Cent never owned any bitcoin and didn't bother correcting the story because it was good for him

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 09:25 AM PST

A Michigan bar got served with 500 DMCA violations after a juggalo torrented Three Six Mafias entire discography on their WiFi

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 11:05 AM PST

[FRESH] Saba - Busy

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 05:00 PM PST

A Notebook of Drake's old handwritten lyrics is up for sale for $54K

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 11:58 AM PST

Chief Keef dropping a mixtape of old, unreleased music on 3/2

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 04:16 PM PST

6ix9ine - Day69 MIXTAPE REVIEW

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 09:35 AM PST

Logic Recording 44 More

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 01:50 PM PST

[DISCUSSION] Lil Uzi Vert - Luv Is Rage 1.5 (One Year Later)

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 01:24 PM PST

It's been a year since Lil Uzi Vert dropped this little surprise EP, which turned out to have one of the biggest songs of 2017 on it.

submitted by /u/A_P_A_R_T
[link] [comments]

Brockhampton announce the Stereo Spirit Tour

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 03:46 AM PST

[DISCUSSION] Thundercat - Drunk (One Year Later)

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 04:48 PM PST

[FRESH EP] Higher Brothers x Harikiri - Type-3

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 09:17 PM PST

Big Sean postponed his tour to a TBD time

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 07:37 AM PST

"To all my fans: I've been in a deep creative space and decided I need to stay focused in the studio - so unfortunately, I am postponing my upcoming tour. I learned in life you have to follow your intuition - I hope you do the same. Thank you for your continued love and support. It means the world to me. Trust, we are working on something special for you all." - Big Sean

submitted by /u/Capn_Cook
[link] [comments]

DJ Khaled Announces New Album Title and Single Dropping on Friday

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 07:10 PM PST

[INTERVIEW] Donald Glover Can't Save You

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 09:00 AM PST

Lil Wayne - SportsCenter

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 07:30 PM PST

YGTUT - G35 feat Isaiah Rashad

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 09:51 AM PST

Rae Sremmurd Dropping 3 New Tracks Wednesday night

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 07:56 PM PST

[FRESH] Kyle Bent- Motorsport Remix

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 09:24 AM PST

[FRESH] Wale - Staying Power

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 09:00 PM PST

Daily Discussion Thread 02/26/2018

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 08:19 AM PST

Welcome to the /r/hiphopheads daily discussion thread!

This thread is for:

  • objective questions with right/wrong answers (e.g. "Does anyone know what is happening with MIXTAPE?", "What is the sample in SONG?")
  • general hip-hop discussion
  • meta posts...e.g. ideas for the sub

Thread Guidelines

  • Do not create a separate self post for these types of discussions outside of this thread - if you do, your post will be removed.

  • Please be helpful and friendly.

  • If a question has been asked many times before, provide a link to a thread that contains the answer.

Other ways to interact

There are a number of other ways to interact with other members of HHH:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Sean Price - Petro/Goodnight ft. Royce Da 5'9

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 06:09 PM PST

CyHi The Prynce Stamps Black Thought With “God-Level Status” For These Bars | Rate The Bars

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 09:32 AM PST

[FRESH VIDEO] Jean Grae & Quelle Chris - "Gold Purple Orange"

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 11:59 AM PST

Murda Beatz x Smokepurpp Album dropping Friday called "Bless Yo Trap"

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 10:34 PM PST

[DISCUSSION] Waka Flocka Flame - Duflocka Rant 2 (Five years later)

Posted: 26 Feb 2018 06:00 AM PST

Artist: Waka Flocka Flame
Album: Duflocka Rant 2


Listen:

Apple Music

Spotify

Datpiff


Background:

Juaquin James Malphurs, better known as Waka Flocka Flame or simply Waka Flocka, is the original pioneer of the modern day trap scene that is so prevalent around the United States. Born in New York, but growing up in Riverdale, Georgia; Waka Flocka set the underground trap world ablaze with his hit single O Let's Do It, in 2009. It wasn't until 2010 with the release of the club banger Hard in the Paint, that mainstream audiences began to notice Waka. 1 more single followed in late 2010, No Hands feat Roscoe Dash and Wale, creating an unprecedented buzz for the underground trap artist who was being groomed and repped by non other than the legends himself, Gucci Mane. Waka Flocka proceeds to drop in October of 2010 one of the greatest debuts for a hip-hop artist of the new decade and in my opinion a certified classic in modern day hip-hop. Flockaveli almost entirely produced by Lex Luger becomes a staple and blueprint in the modern day trap scene. Fast foward to 2013 after slew of mixtapes from Salute Me or Shoot Me series to his sophomore album Triple F Life: Friends, Fans & Family, Waka continues his dominance in the trap scene and without anybody noticing proceeds to drop a BLASSIC mixtape by the name of Duflocka Rant 2 hosted by TRAP-A-HOLICS & DJ ACE, released 02/05/2013.

Review: the lyrics posted will be my favorite lyrics from the song

  • DuFlocka Rant Pt. 2 Intro

Kevin DuFlocka Rant, part two

Lot of niggas ain't wanna see me doing what the fuck I'm doing right now

Three years strong

See when I did this shit these niggas said I wasn't gon' make it

See when I dropped Flockaveli 1, hip-hop changed, naw' mean?

Then I dropped Salute Me Or Shoot Me, LeBron Flocka James

Kevin DuFlocka Rant Part 1, now we on part 2

I'm balling like a motherfucker nigga

From roaches to Rolex's man, watch me ball nigga

Clayton County we in this bitch, man

Squad

Waka comin in with the banter, as he knows he the best in the trap game circa 2013. Waka is letting the listeners and the haters know what his resume entails and how it stacks up to anybody and everybody, after he changed the rap game with the release of his highly anticipated album Flockaveli.

  • Stay Hood (feat. Lil Wayne)

Popping mollies like Tylenols and Aspirin

Geeked up, pulled up, hyena laughin'

Them boys ain't real, stop acting like us

In the squad, I bust, get cheese like crust

I'm the only motherfucker that I really trust

Lex Luger and Waka name a better combo than them.! Lex Luger comes in with a mean beat that Waka and Wheezy F Baby ride with no insurance. Both artist hit us with braggadocios raps from gettin 50k for a show, to having all kinds of drugs on deck, to being sick of haters tryna to be like them but not respecting their clout.

  • Can't Do Golds

I'm rocking Rollies, I'm talking three of those

Bad bitches, I got plenty of those

Diamond grill, I can't do the golds

I'm riding sixes, I can't do the fours

Keep it real 'til I die, put it on my set

Keep it real 'til I die, put it on my set

Thumbing through the bands I be playin' with the check

Keep it real 'til I die, put it on my set

Probably my 3rd favorite hook from this entire mixtape. On Can't Do Golds, Waka comes in heavyyy with the Hype Yelling Rap over one of the hardest beats on the tape produced by 808 mafia founder Southside and lead member TM88. The hook is infectious, and the bars are incredibly aggressive that if this doesn't help your gym PR's(personal records) you just a fucboi, plain and simple.

  • Fell (feat. Gucci Mane and Young Thug)

Young Thug verse

Got them big ol' clips inside of them little guns

No Nelly, got bands on the Air Force, no ones

I'm silly, I got Xan, worked hard, my car

Just made it to me, where I come from ain't far

For you to see a rich, I'm a geek and a monster

She wanna suck these sneakers up, she got hunger

No, no, I could never beat her up, on my momma

But she got more red bottoms than the number one stunna

And that's Baby, I would love to help you start a candy lady

My mom sprayed me with cherry blossoms now I fuck old ladies

And I nut right in them bitches, and have her oh so baby

And also baby

I honestly can not thank Waka enough for this song. Every artist on this song killed it but to me it was my first time hearing Young Thug and I fell in love instantly. He was incredible on the hook but his verse was even better. At first hearing Thuggerbaby I thought he sounded like a knock off Lil Wayne, but the way he switches his flow and voiceeee when he says For you to see a rich, I'm a geek and a monster, I was baffled. Instantly I memorized his verse and the hook became a staple in my brain. 2nd favorite hook on the mixtape. Waka Did Say Not To Play With Thug

  • Hood Rich

Niggas say they lookin for me, it ain't hard to find me

I'm always in the hood, fuck a hater getting money

Extendos in our clips, blue tints double

F in them 50 clips, these niggas in trouble

Ductape em, shout out to my nigga Alley Boy

I'm from Clayton County Riverdale, you know we ridin boy

Rob a nigga, rob a nigga, tie his ass up

Got them bands on a nigga, my fen on my brigs truck

insert Obama wiping his face image here. The hostility shown by Waka in this song is nothing short of terrifying. He makes you feel the aggression that resides inside of him from growing up in Clayton County, or as he calls it Jurassic Park.

  • College Girl (feat. Quez of Travis Porter)

I was told if you hustle

It'll pay off

Real nigga can't go soft

Shining hard with the lights off

Grades high and she drop it low

Bad as hell and she fuck slow

Our connection on a different level

She educated n ghetto (Oooo)

Waka drops one for the females over a smooth, sci-fi sounding beat from Southside. Professing his admiration for females who stay book smart and street smart.

  • Bad Decision (feat. Wooh da Kid)

Niggas dry snitching, want to run to police

Put it on my niece, you gon' die before me

I put that on the G, Grove Street nigga

Where I'm from, we don't brag if we catch a body nigga

That's just life

Real shit, nigga, that's just life

Watch out for your friends when they got a knife

Niggas bullshitting

First strap, thank you to my brother, Wooh

Everything green, pussy, soo woo

I built it nigga, watch me break this nigga

I'm one grateful nigga, all I did, you ain't thankful nigga?

I'm from Riverdale Road, Grove Street

Last time that I checked, they know O.G.'s

I had to include both a part of verse 1 and verse 2, as I feel they have great significance. In the first verse Waka seems to be takin shots at rappers who brag about having bodies on their resume; ie that they have killed people. In his life having bodies is nothing to brag about as it happens everyday in his hood and it is just life and you move on.

While the 2nd verse call me out if this is a halo reach but I feel he is directly talking to Gucci Mane on the verse. Even though Gucci is on the tape, Waka and Gucci's relationship was beginning to tear and the two were not even on speaking terms and Gucci had announced he dropped Waka from Bricksquad for being "disloyal". Source Nadeska looks fine in this video.

  • Shit Where You Sleep (feat. Ace Hood)

He selling dope out his grandma house, now that's a no no

He selling dope out his mama house, now that's a no no

Stupid nigga, you don't shit where you sleep at

Killers kidnap your sibling's, kick your door, all you heard was click clack (BOOWAHH)

He calling 'round town, where my shit at?

He trying to pay, he don't want no get back

He all Pro Tools, that nigga all rap

You a pussy nigga just to be exact

Boy, you ain't ever trap (Flexing!)

You the type of nigga that'll fuck up your pack

My youngin's palms peeling cause he selling too much crack

Deodorize these niggas, choppers spraying like some Axe

Still punching niggas, Mortal Kombat, call me Jax

Rule number one, don't shit where you sleep at

Rule number two, keep a motherfucking strap

Turn your niggas on, get a youngin' some packs

MY FAVORITE SONG AND HOOK ON THE ENTIRE TAPE!! THE SONG IS STR8 FUCKIN BARS THROUGHOUT, AND THE ADLIB OF BOOWAHHHH IS FANTASTIC. ACE HOOD, ACE FUCKIN HOOD, EVEN COMES IN WITH THE AGGRESSION AND MURDERS THIS 808 MAFIA BEAT. THE SUBTLETY OF THE NOW THATS A NO NO LINE IS INFAMOUS IN MY HOUSEHOLD. MY COUNTRY MUSIC LOVING WIFE ALWAYS TELLS ME WHEN I FUCK UP, NOW THATS A NO NO. PROBABLY MY FAVORITE WAKA SONG EVER AND I GENUINELY BELIEVE HE WILL NEVER TOP IT FOR ME.


Waka flocka has still been very active in the 5 years since this mixtape dropping projects such as I Can't Rap Vol 1, Flockaveli 1.5 and LeBron Flocka James 4. With nearly a decade of music making, expading from Trap to EDM, Waka has been consistently great but we are all still waiting for Flockaveli 2 to drop which Flocka has insited will drop soon.


Discussion points:


Did you love it?

Did you hate it?

What would rate it?

Has this mixtape aged well?

Favorite song?

Do you consider this mixtape a classic? Yes or no? please explain your reasoning.


Post Script

My happiest day on reddit after the thugger leaks.

submitted by /u/jandrohinoo
[link] [comments]