Recommended If You Like Thread - May 13, 2017 - HipHop | HipHop Channel

Pages

Recommended If You Like Thread - May 13, 2017 - HipHop

Recommended If You Like Thread - May 13, 2017 - HipHop


Recommended If You Like Thread - May 13, 2017

Posted: 13 May 2017 11:02 AM PDT

If you're looking for a recommendation give a description/music link/artist so that other people will know what you want.

Example: I want to hear an artist that sounds like old Kanye (you can get more specific but that's enough imo). And then someone will respond with X, Y, and Z

You can also recommend an artist/project/scene

Example: You guys should check out DJ Mustard's mixtape Ketchup RIYL (recommended if you like) post-hyphy and minimalistic west coast beats.

Remember, the point of this thread is to share music, try not to post stuff that's already really popular unless it answers someone's question.

Also the more descriptive you guys are with your posts the easier it is to help you find what you want, just stating an artists name isn't that helpful since you might only like one specific aspect of that artist's music.

Look through past posts here


ALSO please check out this thread for a list of some of the most popular recommendation requests and the suggestions provided

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

[FRESH] Denzel Curry - Hate Government (demo)

Posted: 13 May 2017 10:01 AM PDT

Joey Purp's iiiDrops is now available for streaming on Apple Music and Spotify

Posted: 13 May 2017 05:31 PM PDT

Visuals for every track on DAMN.

Posted: 13 May 2017 04:37 PM PDT

[FRESH] Kevin Abstract - You're Perfect

Posted: 13 May 2017 06:39 PM PDT

A$AP Rocky - Excuse Me

Posted: 13 May 2017 07:51 PM PDT

Kendrick Lamar to be Featured on The Game's Last Album.

Posted: 13 May 2017 10:19 PM PDT

Young Thug reads the lyrics to his song "Best Friend"

Posted: 13 May 2017 03:38 PM PDT

OVO SOUND RADIO EPISODE 43 GAME THREAD

Posted: 13 May 2017 03:21 PM PDT

I saw nobody was doing one so why not?

I will add the playlist onto the thread when it becomes available so you can stream any of the songs you missed or may be interested in.

PM me if I missed a song so I can add it.

Some Drake Discords (if you're into that sort of thing):

Oliver's Set:

  • Drake - Pound Cake / Paris Morton Music 2

  • Brent Faiyaz - No One Knows

  • dvsn - Think About Me

  • Frank Ocean - Lens

  • Majid Jordan - Phases

  • Cashmere Cat - Quit (feat. Ariana Grande)

  • Lusio Fonsi & Daddy Yankee - Despacito (feat. Justin Bieber) [Remix]

Sango Beats' Set

  • instrumental

  • Mello Papi - BOY (feat. Dave B & Romaro Franceswa)

  • Playboi Carti - Magnolia

  • Outkast -Hollywood Divorce (feat. Lil Wayne & Snoop Dogg)

  • Drake - 30 for 30 Freestyle

  • Slum Village - Closer

  • Stwo - Fill the Void (feat. Amir Obe & Daniel Caesar)

  • Drake - From Time (feat. Jhene Aiko) [Atu & Sango Edit]

  • ??? - ??? (dj edit)

  • Che Ecru - Luckily

  • Jacquees - ??? (dj edit)

  • inc. - Trust (Hell Below)

  • ??? - ???

  • ??? - ???

  • Tekno - Yawa

  • Che Ecru - Benefits

  • ??? - ???

  • Xavier Omar - Afraid

  • ??? - ???

  • MC Don Juan - Oh Novinha

  • Sango - Entao Ta (feat. Fatkiss and Dzmond)

  • Sango - Amor No Morro

  • Bryson Tiller - The Sequence

  • Ginuwine - Final Warning (feat. Aaliyah)

  • Sampha - Kora Sings

  • smino - Father Son Holy Smoke

  • [Fresh??] WunTayk Timmy - Cake (feat. Bryson Tiller)

  • Drake - Glow (feat. Kanye West)

Ryan Hemsworth's Mix: what to expect?

  • Adamn Killa - Turtle Feet

  • Jose Guapo - Jealous

  • MC Luctosa - Pistola Engatilhada

  • HoodRich Pablo Juan & Danny Wolf - Winter (feat. Drugixh Peso)

  • ??? - ???

  • ??? - ???

  • Future - Mask Off (Ryan Hemsworth mix)

  • THEY. - Deep End (Ryan Hemsworth mix)

  • Avelino - Late Nights in the 15

  • ??? - ???

  • Kendrick Lamar - LUST.

  • Yhung T.O. - Ruthless (feat. Daboii)

  • Jazz Cartier - Tempted

  • ??? - ???

  • Burna Boy - #YawaDey

  • ??? - ???

  • Kehlani - Keep On

  • Konshens - Don't Worry

  • PnB Rock - Selfish (Ryan Hemsworth mix?)

  • ??? - ???

I have to go, I'll update it when I'm back

submitted by /u/str9_b
[link] [comments]

Travis Scott & Stephen A. Smith debate James Harden (first 7 minutes of the video)

Posted: 13 May 2017 03:59 PM PDT

Concert Review #3-Travis Scott

Posted: 13 May 2017 08:39 AM PDT

Welcome back! My apologies for the delay in the posting. I've been in Jacksonville, FL for the past few days at The Players Championship so I haven't had too much free time on my hands besides an hour or two each night. Now I know that I said my next posted review would be for Kanye West's The Life of Pablo Tour, but I make an unexpected trip to St. Augustine, FL on May 6th to catch Travis Scott on his Birds Eye View Tour. I'd been paying attention to ticket prices for a few days and finally pulled the trigger on a last second GA ticket. Besides the point! If you haven't seen my previous two posts you can read both of them here:

Concert Review #1: 21 Savage (4/21/2017)

Concert Review #2: Drake and Future (8/14/2016)

As per usual, I'll have my TL;DR at the bottom as well as my other usual questions and answers!

I am going to start off by first saying: Travis Scott concerts are fucking awesome. Even if the GA Pit is only ~300 people. I had high expectations going into this show just based on the fact that I have friends that have gone to Travis shows on this tour and others and all have always said how amazing they are every time. And they're right. Something about the atmosphere and Travis's vibe when performing, to me, is almost unlike anything I've ever seen. It's one of the few atmospheres that I've been in where everyone just drops all preconceived notions of other concert-goers and people surrounding them and just having a good fucking time. I don't know if that really makes sense, but I'll try to explain my thought. At the Drake and Future Tour, everyone was having a dope time, but you could tell a lot of guys were looking at other guys weird for singing along and shit. Like "Damn bro, you're trying to hit those high notes and have fun? That's kinda whack". Meanwhile at Travis Scott, everyone around me was rapping along with each other and dancing and just genuinely enjoying the performance.

I will admit that I bought my ticket 2.5-3 hours before the show so I didn't get to catch Khalid perform. I had about a 1hr 45min drive to the venue so I was really waiting till the last second for a price drop. By the time I got my ticket, drove to the coast, parked, got merch, and went to GA it was right around 8:45 or so. I could hear Khalid perform from the merch line and it sounded pretty weird tbh. He performed a song, left the stage, performed another one, left, rinse and repeat. Idk if this is a normal thing for his shows but it was pretty weird IMO.

Pretty much at 9:15 on the dot Travis started his set. If anyone wants to view the setlist, it's available here. Not sure why the May 6th date isn't shown, but from what I remember this is pretty much dead on the same setlist. Maybe I'm the only one who liked this part, but it was a short and concise show. Travis was on at 9:15, and I was in my car in the parking lot at 10:15. Granted, it took about 20min to actually leave, but it was nice regardless of how quick the show was.

Just because it was quick though doesn't mean it was lacking in any capacity. This was admittedly my first time seeing Travis so I can't compare it to other tours he's been on, but god damn this shit was fun. I was going to catch him in Orlando in December 2015 (I think?), but I had previous plans already and couldn't make it. So being able to catch a show live finally was not an opportunity I was about to pass up. From the second the curtain dropped and the lights and music started all the way to the final song, Travis and the whole crowd was lit. He constantly was turning up, getting the crowd hyped, and even interacting with the fans. When he was getting ready to perform 3500, he brought a, what seemed to be, 14-16 year old fan on-stage. Nobody knew why at first, but I'm pretty sure it's because he was wearing a bandana. He brought him up, started the song, and people were getting hyped. Then when the beat dropped, Travis had the kid jump into the crowd and have people catch him. Holy fucking shit, I'd never been more jealous of a kid that age before. Having that memory would be such an amazing moment and I hope that kid remembers that shit for the rest of his life.

I'm not sure if people were able to tell from my 21 Savage Meet and Greet picture, but I'm a big guy. Around 6'2" 215lbs, larger than most. I'm prefacing this paragraph by saying this because I want to give a warning for people who buy GA for Travis Scott. I mentioned it earlier, but this GA was only around 300 people or so. I've seen videos and pictures from other shows where it's MUCH larger, but I still seemed to have a similar experience. If you aren't a pretty big person, you're going to be thrown around like a rag-doll in the pit. Some guy brought his 5' 5" girlfriend with him and I probably watched her catch 5-6 elbows in the face within 20min. I felt bad because they probably didn't really know what to expect. But either way, they stuck with it and stayed for the whole show.

Something I want to acknowledge was how awesome the stage setup was. Throughout the show having the Bird start off tucked away, then showed behind the cage before finally being freed and having Travis ride on its back all through the late night was dope. Never seen that sort of stage performance to go along with a show performance as well in person before so that was a cool piece to see. Side note, Travis riding the bird reminded me of when Katy Perry rode into the Super Bowl halftime show on a Lion a few years back

All in all, the show was fucking awesome and I had a great time even though it took me like 2.5 hours to get home afterwards. If anyone is second guessing going to the show, don't. Buy that fucking ticket and make sure to have as much fun as possible. You worried about eating ramen noodles for a few weeks? Worth it. You worried about not being able to afford moms something nice for Mother's Day? Worth it. (Just kidding. If you don't get your mom something nice for Mother's Day you suck). What I'm trying to say is that the show is 100% worth it. (Unless you pay the $250+fees that some people were trying to charge). Also, it was dope to finally here "It's lit!" in person.

TL;DR: Cactus Jack had me stroking my cactus all night.

Who?: Travis Scott and Khalid (even though I didn't see him perform)

Where?: St. Augustine Amphitheater in St. Augustine, FL

When?: May 6th, 2017

Ticket bought and price?: General Admission on Ticketmaster Resale-$100 after fees

Worth the price?: 110%

Here are some pics and videos are per usual:

http://imgur.com/a/Lzd6m (Bandana kid in 8th pic)

https://vimeo.com/217290371 (Bandana kid jumping into the crowd)

https://vimeo.com/217290367 (End of "Antidote")

https://vimeo.com/217290364 ("Outside")

https://vimeo.com/217290355 ("90210")

Hope you enjoyed my 3rd Concert Review! Next week will 100% be The Life of Pablo Tour. Not sure if anyone noticed I'm 4 days late with this one, but my apologies. Don't have any more major future plans so I'll be back to posting every Tuesday next week! Probably an odd thing to throw out there but if anyone is in the Central Florida and wants to catch a show or lunch or something lmk! Always like to meet new people with mutual interests. See you next week!

Thanks,

Davis

submitted by /u/dleec
[link] [comments]

Lupe Fiasco Blasts a Dope Freestyle on Sway in the Morning!

Posted: 13 May 2017 01:17 PM PDT

J. Cole - Home for the Holidays

Posted: 13 May 2017 04:14 PM PDT

[FRESH VIDEO] YG-Pop It, Shake It (ft. DJ Mustard)

Posted: 13 May 2017 11:26 AM PDT

Lil Uzi Vert - Top

Posted: 13 May 2017 06:01 PM PDT

Daily Discussion Thread 05/13/2017

Posted: 13 May 2017 10:25 AM PDT

Welcome to the /r/hiphopheads daily discussion thread!

This thread is for:

  • objective questions with right/wrong answers (e.g. "Does anyone know what is happening with MIXTAPE?", "What is the sample in SONG?")
  • general hip-hop discussion
  • meta posts...e.g. ideas for the sub

Thread Guidelines

  • Do not create a separate self post for these types of discussions outside of this thread - if you do, your post will be removed.

  • Please be helpful and friendly.

  • If a question has been asked many times before, provide a link to a thread that contains the answer.

Other ways to interact

There are a number of other ways to interact with other members of HHH:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Kanye West- "Christian Dior Denim Flow" Ft. Kid Cudi, Pusha T, John Legend, Lloyd Banks & Ryan

Posted: 13 May 2017 08:52 PM PDT

Playboi Carti - dothatshit!

Posted: 13 May 2017 10:58 AM PDT

KRS-One issues statement following Beastie Boys lyric controversy

Posted: 13 May 2017 03:02 PM PDT

Logic Brings Out Royce da 5'9" in Detroit for the #UnderPressureWorldTour

Posted: 13 May 2017 01:15 PM PDT

[FRESH] Spice 1 - Hit 'Em Up (Funkmaster Flex Diss)

Posted: 13 May 2017 01:51 PM PDT

Pitchfork Reviews Jay Z's "Reasonable Doubt" (9.4/10)

Posted: 13 May 2017 10:33 PM PDT

B.o.B - Don't Let Me Fall

Posted: 13 May 2017 11:00 AM PDT

[HYPE] 6 Dogs - Faygo Dreams

Posted: 13 May 2017 01:39 PM PDT

Spotify leaked Vince Staples - Big Fish cover

Posted: 12 May 2017 11:13 PM PDT

Spotify send me an email with a link for the album and the cover art. The link is broken.

Print: http://imgur.com/a/ndcGX

Link: https://open.spotify.com/album/10u8703cAWlzYjY4yalR2x

submitted by /u/renand3z
[link] [comments]

MF DOOM - GAZZILLION EAR

Posted: 13 May 2017 10:14 AM PDT