Last.fm Thread: What Have You Been Listening To This Week? - March 20, 2019 - HipHop | HipHop Channel

Pages

Last.fm Thread: What Have You Been Listening To This Week? - March 20, 2019 - HipHop

Last.fm Thread: What Have You Been Listening To This Week? - March 20, 2019 - HipHop


Last.fm Thread: What Have You Been Listening To This Week? - March 20, 2019

Posted: 20 Mar 2019 11:04 AM PDT

Make sure to write some shit about what you listened to encourage discussion.

HHH Last.fm group

To make 3x3s:

http://www.tapmusic.net/lastfm/

http://chrisawren.com/widgets/lastfm/

http://lastfmtopalbums.dinduks.com/

http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~paddez/projects/lastfm/

http://nsfcd.com/lastfm/

Make sure to post is with imgur, otherwise the 3X3 posts change

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Daily Discussion Thread 03/20/2019

Posted: 20 Mar 2019 11:44 AM PDT

Welcome to the /r/hiphopheads daily discussion thread!

This thread is for:

  • objective questions with right/wrong answers (e.g. "Does anyone know what is happening with MIXTAPE?", "What is the sample in SONG?")
  • general hip-hop discussion
  • meta posts...e.g. ideas for the sub

Thread Guidelines

  • Do not create a separate self post for these types of discussions outside of this thread - if you do, your post will be removed, as stated in the guidelines.

  • Please be helpful and friendly.

  • If a question has been asked many times before, provide a link to a thread that contains the answer.

Weekly/Monthly Threads

Other ways to interact

There are a number of other ways to interact with other members of HHH:

New to /r/hiphopheads or hip-hop in general?

Check out these:

submitted by /u/ModsLittleHelper
[link] [comments]

Joey Bada$$ owes me money and it’s sad cuz I fw him sincerely :(

Posted: 20 Mar 2019 09:45 AM PDT

My story via twitter

As some of y'all know, my name is brandUn DeShay. I produced a lot of songs over the years but the ones we're talking about today are "School High" & "Last Cypher".

It's been almost 2 MONTHS since I heard from Joey Bada$$ yall.... I wanna give him the benefit of the doubt that he's a much busier man than me these days, but I've also reached out to his label management over the last 5 months and still no reply.

These beats I produced for Joey were done when I was 2 or 3 yrs in and for years these songs remained FREE mixtape downloads and I had no problem with that. I never asked for bread because technically no one was getting paid.

Until recently (December 12/23/18) Joey re-released the PEEP the Aprocalypse mixtape on all streaming platforms. Therefore generating bread off streams and DID NOT ask my permission, did not do splits or even work out a deal to just buy my share of the publishing from me.

To me, if you making money off the work/effort of another man, make sure that man eating too 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

And I hate takin shit like this public cuz usually i think that shit is corny asf... butttt I'm still tryna avoid taking this to court to retrieve the 💰.

I hope Joey reaches back so we can figure this out... the "producer x rapper" relationship in Hip-Hop deserves some success stories.

Please retweet or share if this resonates at all.

submitted by /u/brandundeshay
[link] [comments]

ScHoolboy Q just debuted a new song on Jimmy Fallon titled "Chop Sticks" ft. Travis Scott

Posted: 20 Mar 2019 09:37 PM PDT

End of performance he said his album is coming very, very soon.

Will add link to performance when they upload it.

Twitter Video of "Chop Sticks"

submitted by /u/NerdGasem
[link] [comments]

"Just Take The Risk, Bro": How I Was Scammed and Manipulated by Toronto Rapper Top5

Posted: 20 Mar 2019 09:44 PM PDT

All proof screenshots just in case you don't believe me

These screenshots aren't in the best order but I tried my best. Phone #'s are covered for obvious reasons

TL;DR I got scammed out of all the money I had by Top5 after he promised me a Murda Beatz co placement, now he's blocked all forms of communication with me and is presumably living his life with no issue while I suffer

I'll preface this by saying, I'm not doing this for attention. I'm going to get downvoted for this but this needs to be said, he can't keep getting away with this. I want my story told, because I'm at the end of the line now, and I feel alone in this, please don't make the same mistake I did.

This all happened about 3 weeks ago. It's now March 20th, so about a month since Top5 first hit me up. He surprisingly DM'd me one day, and I was over the moon. I could not believe one of the biggest rappers in Toronto was hitting me up, and asking for my number! Maybe he wants beats, or maybe he's going to invite me to the studio, I thought. Little did I know he was about to make my life an absolute hell for the next month.

We FaceTime that evening after the DM. He has an offer for me. "I'm tryna get you a co placement with Murda bro, whats your budget?" I told him, and it was low, $400-600, high enough for me at least. He accepts. I should have never sent him any money, I don't know why I did, maybe it was his constant pressuring or his threat of "Im gonna hang up the fuckin phone if you're not serious about this, you gonna pay or not??" I thought fuck it, I don't want to burn bridges with this guy so I may as well just take the risk (that'd become a recurring theme throughout all of this, ironically). I payed him. He calls me later that night, saying I need to pay some more, because he just talked to Murda and his manager, Cory Litwin, that Cory was mad, saying I need to pay another $1600 to really get this shit going. I was hesitant, but he assured me, "Just take the risk bro, you're going to make so much money off of this, you won't have to go to school anymore!!" Hmm, seemed inconspicuous enough. Palms sweating and heart beating, I sent him the money. Okay, this had to be it, I thought, when am I going to get this beat sent to me?

The day after, more contact, oh good. "Ayy bro I was speaking to Murda, he needs another $2200, the payment was too low, Cory is trippin right now." My god, more money!? Haven't I given them enough? But again, that message rang through, "Take the risk bro, it will all be worth it." Oh, I wish I hadn't. At this point, my bank account is a shell of what it used to me, all that hard earned money, gone, never to be seen again. But remember, it will all be worth it, won't it be? Wrong again, I was yet to find out.

I get a call that night. Not from Top5, but from who was allegedly, one of the guys on Murda's team. "Ayy man, good on you from doing business with Top5, but here's the deal, That $4200 was not good enough, $800 more bro, then the deal is sealed. Just take the risk bro, you got this. Murda's out partying right now haha, he loves getting fucked up." My heart sank, I knew deep down this was not the right move. I had just given away almost all of my money, but I figured, if I dug the hole this deep already, might as well "take that risk" and see if it's worth it or not. I sent the $800. That was it, I had nothing left, but I was determined to make this work, and I had faith it would come through. Top5 tells me that on Friday, Murda wants to meet with you, at the [name redacted] Hotel in Toronto. I was blown away, was I actually going to meet this guy? Sign a contract? My god, maybe this was a good deal after all. Though it's moments like this that made me wonder why I even sent him my number that day.

After school, Friday afternoon. I show up to that hotel. I waited 4 hours. Nothing. Nothing at all, 4 hour wasted. I was on the train home now, defeated, and feeling lied to. Top5 calls me. I ask him why I was played today, he sheepishly responds, "Ok man, the REAL reason why you didn't meet Murda today, is because there's still money that hasn't been sent through (even though it read on my banking list as "deposited" but whatever) so what's going on with your bank bro? What's the deal?" Oh, right, silly me, this was MY fault apparently, so deeply sorry, I must be an awful person for something out of my control. Well, that was the last time I spoke to him for over a week. I tried calling, texting, and FaceTiming, to no avail, until one Sunday night.

He finally responds to me, "It's not me bro, I can't give you your money back, I was tryna help you g, it's them who's not responding, they won't call me back." I told him that he better try calling them, because I was tired of being lied to for over two weeks now. He responds, "Okay man, apparently the bank was withholding $130 from the total payment, I need you to send that $130, and we can finally close this deal." I initially denied it, that was the last of my money, but once again, he ASSURED me, that he'd send that $130 right back to me the morning after. I, disappointingly, sent the money. That was it, I had nothing. He told me I was going to finally get that beat sent to me, and that he'd send the money back in the morning, as I was told.

It's been a month now. He's blocked my number, and my Instagram, I couldn't contact him even if I wanted to. I'm broke, I have nothing left. I haven't told anybody, not even my parents. I'm an aspiring producer/beatmaker, I'm 18 years old, and I was scammed. I have nothing left, I used to have a little bit of money, and it's funny, because I always thought to myself, "man, this is nothing, I want 9k in the bank, I want 15k in the bank." And it's amazing how grateful you can be, when all of that is stripped away from you. I am not stupid. I acted foolishly and naively, anyone who read this probably thinks I'm the stupidest person alive, and I don't blame you, I was stupid, but I know deep down, I was manipulated and taken advantage of. If you stuck till the end, thank you, I want this story out there, apparently I'm not the only one who's been scammed either. Please don't make my mistake. I'm trying to work this all out, maybe it will, maybe it won't. Oh well, what's done is done, Please be safe out there, and remember, sometimes, not taking the risk is the smartest thing you could do. Take care, y'all.

submitted by /u/multipurposethroaway
[link] [comments]

[FRESH] Flume - How To Build A Relationship (feat. JPEGMAFIA)

Posted: 20 Mar 2019 01:01 PM PDT

Jay-Z’s The Blueprint to Be Archived in Library Of Congress

Posted: 20 Mar 2019 06:19 AM PDT

NAV says DJ Drama and Don Cannon are blocking Lil Uzi Vert from being on his “Bad Habits” album

Posted: 20 Mar 2019 10:07 PM PDT

New Injury Reserve single ‘JTT’ releasing at 2PM EST tomorrow

Posted: 20 Mar 2019 03:29 PM PDT

Instagram post

Song is titled 'Jailbreak the Tesla' and features Aminé

submitted by /u/yeehaweskeddit
[link] [comments]

Logic announces new song “Confessions of a dangerous mind” dropping on Friday

Posted: 20 Mar 2019 02:21 PM PDT

'Macadelic' Was Mac Miller’s Second Creative Renaissance

Posted: 20 Mar 2019 09:31 AM PDT

Nardwuar vs. Blueface

Posted: 20 Mar 2019 10:33 PM PDT

People confront Fetty Wap after leaving stage at show, throws money in their face

Posted: 20 Mar 2019 06:37 PM PDT

NPR Music's Tiny Desk Contest is back! This year, the Contest is open to U.S. musicians 18 and older

Posted: 20 Mar 2019 09:08 AM PDT

Hey! My name is Clara and I want to tell you all about the Tiny Desk Contest!

NPR Music has hosted over 800 concerts at Bob Boilen's Tiny Desk at NPR HQ in Washington, D.C.. We've invited a variety of artists and bands to perform here -- like Maggie Rogers, Wu-Tang Clan and Yo-Yo Ma. We've hosted the Tiny Desk Contest each year since 2015 to find a great undiscovered artist to perform at the Tiny Desk. We've had four fantastic Contest winners: Naia Izumi, who signed to Sony Masterworks; Tank And The Bangas, who played Coachella last year; Gaelynn Lea who has gone on to tour the world; and Fantastic Negrito, who just won his second Grammy!
If you are a musician and want to play a Tiny Desk concert and go on tour across the country with NPR Music, enter the Tiny Desk Contest today.
Here's what you need to do to:

  1. Film a video of you or your band performing an original song at a desk (any desk will do).
  2. Upload your video to YouTube
  3. Submit your YouTube video via our entry form.
  4. Share and celebrate with your friends -- you just entered the #TinyDeskContest!

Still have questions? Check out the FAQ and rules quiz on our website. Also, feel free to comment below! We also have a Tiny Desk Contest Community Facebook group where you can connect with other people who are entering the Contest and share your video!
Feel free to share your videos here, but make sure you follow the steps above to enter — if you submit your video through the Tiny Desk Contest site, you can be sure we'll watch it. We watch. Every. Single. One. Thanks so much, and happy music-making!

submitted by /u/nprclara
[link] [comments]

[FRESH] Flume - High Beams (feat. HWLS & slowthai)

Posted: 20 Mar 2019 01:04 PM PDT

$uicideboy$ - I No Longer Fear The Razor Guarding My Heel (IV)

Posted: 20 Mar 2019 09:58 PM PDT

[FRESH] Lizzo - Tempo (feat. Missy Elliott)

Posted: 20 Mar 2019 08:51 AM PDT

Pitchfork reviews Chief Keef & Zaytoven: GloToven | 7.5

Posted: 20 Mar 2019 04:22 AM PDT

Good Times With Bad Bunny: He's the barrier-blurring king of Latin trap—and one of the most streamed artists on earth. But Bad Bunny is way more than merely popular. Isabelia Herrera goes to Puerto Rico to meet the most forward-looking pop star on the planet. (GQ Profile)

Posted: 20 Mar 2019 06:15 PM PDT

2Pac - Gummo Remix (look we can still salvage the beat)

Posted: 20 Mar 2019 08:52 PM PDT

Solange - Mad (ft. Lil Wayne)

Posted: 20 Mar 2019 07:00 AM PDT

XV - AaaHH! Real Monsters (feat. ScHoolboy Q & B.o.B)

Posted: 20 Mar 2019 02:42 PM PDT

I miss old chance the rapper

Posted: 20 Mar 2019 11:20 PM PDT

Just returned to acid rap and 10 day. The songs brain cells and acid rain made me so happy. Like this for old chance

submitted by /u/pconk2552
[link] [comments]

NLE Choppa - Shotta Flow

Posted: 20 Mar 2019 11:09 AM PDT

Doja Cat LIVE at Bitterzoet Amsterdam. Full concert.

Posted: 20 Mar 2019 05:11 PM PDT

[FRESH VIDEO] Gunna - Richard Millie Plain

Posted: 20 Mar 2019 10:56 AM PDT