In 2013, it wasn’t crazy to say The Weeknd was only going to grow in popularity, but he wasn’t well-know that year. Are there any artists that have that same trajectory right now? - HipHop | HipHop Channel

Pages

In 2013, it wasn’t crazy to say The Weeknd was only going to grow in popularity, but he wasn’t well-know that year. Are there any artists that have that same trajectory right now? - HipHop

In 2013, it wasn’t crazy to say The Weeknd was only going to grow in popularity, but he wasn’t well-know that year. Are there any artists that have that same trajectory right now? - HipHop


In 2013, it wasn’t crazy to say The Weeknd was only going to grow in popularity, but he wasn’t well-know that year. Are there any artists that have that same trajectory right now?

Posted: 01 Jul 2022 10:09 PM PDT

Yes, I'm almost 30.

In 2013, 40-50% of 20-something year olds didn't know who The Weeknd was. Pretty much everyone who did considered him talented, though.

Are there any artists that you think have that trajectory right now?

submitted by /u/5ClearUrinations
[link] [comments]

I'm just now starting to realize just how crazy Pharrell's career as a producer has been

Posted: 02 Jul 2022 03:13 AM PDT

So, I've known a few songs by Pharrell Williams. I know he's a great accredited producer. But I went through a Spotify playlist of some of the more notable tracks, and... Wow. I never realized he made half those fucking songs. Holy shit.

The playlist is down at the end of this article

I knew he did stuff like Alright by Kendrick. I know he did Mr. Morale as well. I know he Kelis - Milkshake. And of course you have his own solo stuff, his pop work, etc.

But actually going through his work is insanity. I didn't know he did half of these songs. The fuck kinda list is this! I mean when you hear them all together, you start seeing the connect, the exotic scales, the four count in beat, the heavy bass, and everything.

I'm sure people are more familiar than me, but if you aren't, go listen to that playlist on that article. Gonna guarantee you know a lot of those songs. I knew he was a big deal, but I didn't know he was that big of a deal. And there's probably so many that aren't on there that I know and love. Songs I've had stuck in my head for my whole life

Also, is this man get stem cells or some shit? He's been looking the same since the 90s almost exactly

submitted by /u/appleparkfive
[link] [comments]

[FRESH ALBUM] Black Atlass - Infinite (Side A)

Posted: 01 Jul 2022 10:18 PM PDT

https://music.apple.com/ca/album/infinite-side-a-ep/1627449046

This is a near perfect EP, such a beautiful work of art. Black Atlass needs more recognition ASAP

submitted by /u/RiZing_Prodigy
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION] i see the guys from buffalo ny that inspired Griselda are making a documentary they was called the upstate clique they must have been real big in that area in the 90s

Posted: 02 Jul 2022 04:42 AM PDT

Paris Texas?

Posted: 02 Jul 2022 05:02 AM PDT

So in 2021 they put out 5 singles and an album (Boy Anonymous). Does anyone have any news since then? I would be looking forward to whatever they're doing tbh.

submitted by /u/Melancholia_machine
[link] [comments]

What are some good car centered rap songs? Songs like like Yamborghini High

Posted: 02 Jul 2022 06:07 AM PDT

Title^ (sorry for the typo)

submitted by /u/A1D3N_2005
[link] [comments]

O.T. Genasis - Bang The C

Posted: 01 Jul 2022 11:29 PM PDT

[FRESH VIDEO] Mikey Rotten & Xavier Wulf - "Demonstrate" (Prod. Volt)

Posted: 01 Jul 2022 10:54 PM PDT

[FRESH] Dom Dirtee - DMX Energy feat. Bobby J from Rockaway

Posted: 01 Jul 2022 07:40 PM PDT

What are your top five favorite Wu-Tang Solo Albums

Posted: 02 Jul 2022 06:36 AM PDT

Mine are:

Liquid Swords Only Built 4 Cuban Lynx Fishscale Supreme Clientele Ironman

submitted by /u/IlikeEdibleFood
[link] [comments]

Beat A Day 9/100 (new beats every day baby)

Posted: 02 Jul 2022 06:24 AM PDT