Daily Discussion Thread 11/14/2018 - HipHop | HipHop Channel

Pages

Daily Discussion Thread 11/14/2018 - HipHop

Daily Discussion Thread 11/14/2018 - HipHop


Daily Discussion Thread 11/14/2018

Posted: 14 Nov 2018 10:24 AM PST

Welcome to the /r/hiphopheads daily discussion thread!

This thread is for:

  • objective questions with right/wrong answers (e.g. "Does anyone know what is happening with MIXTAPE?", "What is the sample in SONG?")
  • general hip-hop discussion
  • meta posts...e.g. ideas for the sub

Thread Guidelines

  • Do not create a separate self post for these types of discussions outside of this thread - if you do, your post will be removed, as stated in the guidelines.

  • Please be helpful and friendly.

  • If a question has been asked many times before, provide a link to a thread that contains the answer.

Weekly/Monthly Threads

Other ways to interact

There are a number of other ways to interact with other members of HHH:

New to /r/hiphopheads or hip-hop in general?

Check out these:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Young Thug Released From Jail

Posted: 14 Nov 2018 10:20 AM PST

JID DiCaprio 2 Tracklist (with features)

Posted: 14 Nov 2018 05:22 PM PST

Black Thought tweets "Streams of Thought Vol 2" 11.26.18

Posted: 14 Nov 2018 12:25 PM PST

Child and Playboi Carti perform “Shoota” at his Bar Miztvah.

Posted: 14 Nov 2018 04:23 AM PST

Flying Lotus - Never Catch Me ft. Kendrick Lamar

Posted: 14 Nov 2018 06:55 AM PST

Meek Mill‘s New Album will be Released November 30th

Posted: 14 Nov 2018 12:05 PM PST

Pricing list for most popular hip hop/rap artists to perform.

Posted: 14 Nov 2018 11:58 AM PST

Mac Miller ft. Lil Wayne - The Question

Posted: 14 Nov 2018 07:21 PM PST

Pharrell Williams criticised for singing 'Happy' to Israeli soldiers as part of army fundraiser

Posted: 14 Nov 2018 05:36 AM PST

Kanye West & John Legend Performing Gold Digger in 2003 Before Famous | Diff Beat Originally

Posted: 14 Nov 2018 10:31 AM PST

[FRESH VIDEO] Choker - Starfruit LA

Posted: 14 Nov 2018 05:58 PM PST

Eminem - Rock Bottom

Posted: 14 Nov 2018 05:28 PM PST

Action Bronson performs “Strictly 4 My Jeeps” at an old folks home

Posted: 14 Nov 2018 09:51 AM PST

[FRESH VIDEO] Juicy J - Neighbor (feat. Travis Scott)

Posted: 14 Nov 2018 07:14 AM PST

Snoop Dogg Gets Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame

Posted: 14 Nov 2018 09:45 AM PST

How Anderson .Paak found creative bliss with Dr. Dre to make 'Oxnard'

Posted: 14 Nov 2018 11:54 AM PST

[FRESH VIDEO] Mick Jenkins - Reginald (feat. Ben Hixton)

Posted: 14 Nov 2018 07:15 AM PST

Mac Miller - UNRELEASED SONG (A Celebration of Life)

Posted: 14 Nov 2018 06:52 PM PST

After two years, I finally finished my third illustrative hiphop card deck that I designed. I wanted to share it with you all. (Reposting because mods deleted my previous post - this time it’s just the art.)

Posted: 14 Nov 2018 11:12 PM PST

Disclaimer note: My last thread was deleted for self advertising reasons I'm assuming. I said I would remove any advertising if they asked no problem, but they just removed the whole thread. This has been a huge project for me and I just want to share it with the community that I visit the most. So yeah I don't care about self advertising, I just spent a lot of time on this and want to show you all. I didn't the rules in the past with my previous decks, but if I'm breaking any rules here mods let me know! People can post their music here, I just want to post how I give back through a different medium. So anyways...

Hi again everyone. If you remember me from two years ago, I posted my last hiphop card deck here. You guys supported me like crazy, and it was awesome to see my artwork being seen by the community that I've visited everyday for the last six years. I said it last time, but I'll say it again - All the content that is posted here helps me find new artists and inspires me to create new illustrations. This whole project started five to six years ago when I created my first hiphop illustrations of Kanye West and Lupe Fiasco when I was a junior in college. I had a lot of fun making them, and continued making more for another year. After I finished ten of them, I thought it would be sick if I made three more and turned them into a card deck! So I did that which you can see here. These were hand printed and cut (fun senior project). I've automated it since then though haha.

A little under two years ago I posted my second card deck on Reddit which you can see here. Now I've finally finished the third deck after 200+ hours yet again, and I'm stoked to share it. I wanted to go a lot more experimental this time with added color and testing out new styles. I get that these aren't the best poker cards, but they're still good for drinking games lol. So here's a look at all of the art.

Here's a link to the full deck:

Hiphop illustrative card deck #3

Link to the all of the art:

Artwork used in the card deck

So yet again I want to give a shoutout to this community for somehow being some inspirational mofos even though half of the posts I read are just shitposts that make me lol. So thanks though and here's to two years from now when I have 52 hiphop artists illustrated for a full deck!

submitted by /u/Vo1ture
[link] [comments]

The time Mac Miller went in on Donald Trump on Comedy Central

Posted: 14 Nov 2018 09:51 PM PST

Deluxe version of Key! & Kenny Beats' 777 coming 11/30, feat. Rico Nasty, Skepta, Jay Critch, 6lack

Posted: 14 Nov 2018 02:30 PM PST

Cover and release date: https://twitter.com/FATMANKEY/status/1062824061909299201

(partial?) tracklist here: https://twitter.com/FATMANKEY/status/1062832135944486913

  1. Remember Me (feat. Rico Nasty)
  2. Hater Remix (feat. Skepta)
  3. Cable Guy (feat. Jay Critch)
  4. Love on Ice Remix (feat. 6lack)
  5. Nothin
submitted by /u/Flaxbeard
[link] [comments]

Honoring Li'l Snupe, Doe B, Soulja Slim, Speaker Knockerz and other rappers who lost their lives before superstardom

Posted: 14 Nov 2018 08:03 AM PST

We wanted to do a piece honoring the best rappers who died before reaching their peak. Here's our list. http://www.4ormypeople.com/4-the-music/2018/11/5/the-rose-from-concrete-that-never-grew

submitted by /u/yadadameannn
[link] [comments]

[FRESH VIDEO] Yung Lean - friday the 13th

Posted: 14 Nov 2018 02:08 AM PST