Daily Discussion Thread 12/14/2019 - HipHop | HipHop Channel

Pages

Daily Discussion Thread 12/14/2019 - HipHop

Daily Discussion Thread 12/14/2019 - HipHop


Daily Discussion Thread 12/14/2019

Posted: 14 Dec 2019 08:08 AM PST

Welcome to the /r/hiphopheads daily discussion thread!

This thread is for:

  • objective questions with right/wrong answers (e.g. "Does anyone know what is happening with MIXTAPE?", "What is the sample in SONG?")
  • general hip-hop discussion
  • meta posts...e.g. ideas for the sub

Thread Guidelines

  • Do not create a separate self post for these types of discussions outside of this thread - if you do, your post will be removed, as stated in the guidelines.

  • Please be helpful and friendly.

  • If a question has been asked many times before, provide a link to a thread that contains the answer.

Weekly/Monthly Threads

Other ways to interact

There are a number of other ways to interact with other members of HHH:

New to /r/hiphopheads or hip-hop in general?

Check out these:

submitted by /u/ModsLittleHelper
[link] [comments]

Recommended If You Like Thread - December 14, 2019

Posted: 14 Dec 2019 10:04 AM PST

If you're looking for a recommendation give a description/music link/artist so that other people will know what you want.

Example: I want to hear an artist that sounds like old Kanye (you can get more specific but that's enough imo). And then someone will respond with X, Y, and Z

You can also recommend an artist/project/scene

Example: You guys should check out DJ Mustard's mixtape Ketchup RIYL (recommended if you like) post-hyphy and minimalistic west coast beats.

Remember, the point of this thread is to share music, try not to post stuff that's already really popular unless it answers someone's question.

Also the more descriptive you guys are with your posts the easier it is to help you find what you want, just stating an artists name isn't that helpful since you might only like one specific aspect of that artist's music.

Look through past posts here


ALSO please check out this thread for a list of some of the most popular recommendation requests and the suggestions provided

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Lil xan quits rapping

Posted: 14 Dec 2019 06:42 AM PST

Kodak Black calls for justice and releases statement on police brutality

Posted: 14 Dec 2019 12:15 PM PST

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6EMWAiFoXt/?igshid=hwvmid8hrefk

"On October 29th I was laced with an unknown substance here in Miami, FDC. That substance gave me an out of body experience and had me feeling like I was possessed and dying slowly. Upon this experience i managed to go to the CO's office to seek medical attention (As shown on surveillance cameras). I was denied! This left me in a state of paranoia.

Shortly after I got into an altercation with an inmate. This same CO who denied me medical attention, proceeded to pepper spray me which instantly impaired my vision and I was oblivious to who was punching and grabbing me repeatedly in the face. Even after I was on the floor they continued to strike me and deploy more people. I was summoning for them to stop while gasping for my breath.

This near death experience felt like dogs were tearing at my skin while they were grabbing and beating me while I was under the influence of this unknown substance that mysteriously hasn't popped up in my Irina analysis and mysteriously the inmate I was fighting with went home the next day.

I was beaten so brutally that I had to be taken to the Box in a wheelchair. I have been here for 45 days without commissary, proper hygiene, stressed out, on and off psych meds, and having to mourn the loss of my brother Juice WRLD behind the doors. Prior to this there were a few inmates who intentionally beat up ... An officer and no charges were filed.

Meanwhile I get into a fight with another inmate and this officer jumps in to inflict harm on himself and capitalize on my status as a local celebrity ... I had officers tell me that the CO was ok that night and that he is trying to go this route. Because he self checked himself in the hospital. I have also heard officers tell me that the CO has been back to FDC and bragging that he will her a quarter million from me.

I want to shed this light on police brutality and the tactics they use to cover their behinds."

submitted by /u/NoFlexZone6
[link] [comments]

A$AP Rocky - Multiply (feat. Juicy J)

Posted: 14 Dec 2019 04:26 PM PST

Kodak Black ft. XXXTENTACION - Roll in Peace

Posted: 14 Dec 2019 02:16 PM PST

Rick Rubin explains Eminem's way of writing and recording music

Posted: 14 Dec 2019 06:30 PM PST

[FRESH ALBUM] $ilkmoney - G.T.F.O.M.D: There’s Not Enough Room for All You Motha Fuckas to Be on It Like This

Posted: 14 Dec 2019 09:00 PM PST

[FIRST IMPRESSIONS] FREE NATIONALS- FREE NATIONALS

Posted: 14 Dec 2019 12:51 PM PST

Haven't seen a post yet, what do you guys think?

I personally went it with little to expect (only single I had heard was Time) and I'm pretty impressed. The whole album has a smooth, sexy vibe that you'd expect from Paak's music, and every feature on here delivers IMO. TI may not be r/hhh favorite rapper rn, but his verse was undeniably a standout here. Also hearing Griselda over an instrumental like The Rivington is not something I ever expected, but I would love to hear more of. This will be my go-to album for a while whenever I want to throw on something laid back in the background.

Favorite Tracks: Beauty & Essex, Shibuya, Gidget, Time, Cut Me a Break, The Rivington

submitted by /u/nomynameispablo
[link] [comments]

[FRESH ALBUM] Cookin Soul - DOOM XMAS BEATS

Posted: 14 Dec 2019 02:56 PM PST

Kerwin Frost to interview Tyler, The Creator this friday

Posted: 14 Dec 2019 02:06 PM PST

Kerwin has had some great interviews with people like; Blood Orange, A$AP Rocky, Post Malone, SZA and also really known for his brutally honest Chief Keef. Would recommend watching some of them if you haven't already, they stray away from your typical interviews and actually focus on the artists personalities and personal stories

Insta post

Mirror

submitted by /u/loveino
[link] [comments]

[LEAK] Kanye West - Alien (feat. Ant Clemons, Offset, & Quavo)

Posted: 14 Dec 2019 04:55 PM PST

[LEAK] Young Thug - Stick Up (Robbery)

Posted: 14 Dec 2019 04:23 PM PST

[FIRST IMPRESSIONS] KAYTRANADA - BUBBA (24 Hours Later)

Posted: 14 Dec 2019 08:41 AM PST

Just got round to listening to this today, so many saved tracks. I'll comment with my standout tracks.

What are everyone else's thoughts?

submitted by /u/painterinmymind
[link] [comments]

Rapsody - OooWee (ft. Anderson .Paak)

Posted: 14 Dec 2019 07:13 PM PST

[FIRST IMPRESSIONS] Stormzy - Heavy is the Head

Posted: 14 Dec 2019 12:25 PM PST

Been a day in the UK now, what are people's thoughts on it?

Seems like he's trying to show his range on this project, definitely moving away from purely grime.

submitted by /u/fizzlemizzle
[link] [comments]

Griselda - City On The Map (feat. 50 Cent)

Posted: 14 Dec 2019 06:53 AM PST

[LEAK] Kane West - Hurricane (feat. Ant Clemons, Ty Dolla $ign, & Young Thug)

Posted: 14 Dec 2019 04:54 PM PST

Jesus Christ!! This new Czarface is 31 minutes of solid perfect murder!!

Posted: 14 Dec 2019 09:35 PM PST

New allegations have come forth against Brockhampton, including Kevin Abstract displaying predatory behavior against underage fans, and still being in frequent contact with Ameer Vann.

Posted: 14 Dec 2019 11:43 PM PST

Tweet thread showing all current allegations

Brockhampton members are being spammed with tweets demanding to address the new allegations.

Ameer was seen at Brockhampton's most recent L.A. show and allegedly also was backstage with them.

Ameer's recent interview where he states they still talk

Edit: Be respectful.

submitted by /u/TheOldKanyeWest
[link] [comments]

Fat Joe Remembers Juice Wrld, Explains Eminem's Nick Cannon Diss, Might be Producing Next LL Cool J Album | XXL

Posted: 14 Dec 2019 09:06 AM PST

Giggs - Talkin’ da Hardest

Posted: 14 Dec 2019 07:22 AM PST

Chance, The Rapper - U Got Me Fucked Up

Posted: 14 Dec 2019 07:30 PM PST

[FRESH VIDEO] Consequence - "Complex Con" feat. Conway The Machine

Posted: 14 Dec 2019 12:15 PM PST

Free Nationals - Cut Me a Break (Feat. T.I.)

Posted: 14 Dec 2019 02:52 PM PST